Answer
insomnia
How do I treat breakouts on my arms?
(0) Hearts

My arms have been breaking out like crazy, mostly due to stress (which I can't get rid of right now).  I have to go to a wedding next week.  Is there anything I can do to help stop the breakouts?  I was told that facial acne products are too weak to use on your body.  I used some DDF salicylic acid product once on the recommendation of someone at Sephora but it didn't help either, and neither does acne body scrub.  Suggestions?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
6aad0801
Answered
(0) Hearts

Use the SAMPAR clear solution mask as a spot treatment for your acne.  And most of all work on managing your stress because this is not something that will every go away unless you work at it. It's worth the time investment.

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

One of the best products I know of for clearing up body acne, especially on the backs of the arms, is DermaDoctor's KP Duty Body Scrub which is a dermatologist body scrub with chemical and physical medi-exfoliation.  Medical-quality exfoliation requires more than scrubbing.  Dry skin, flaky patches, and "chicken skin" bumps are held together by bonds that physical exfoliation alone can't break.  KP Duty Body Scrub delivers serious medi-exfoliation for deeper, more thorough results.  This dual-action chemical and physical exfoliator blends the best of a chemical peel and microdermabrasion into a single, easy-to-use treatment.  Smooth, non-abrasive, synthetic beads lift away dead skin cells.  This enhanced exfoliation helps prepare your skin for self tanning and post-bathing treatments (including body acne, keratosis pilaris (chicken skin bumps), shaving bumps, ingrown hairs, and bleaching) and is infused with green tea and willow bark to reduce irritation and redness typically associated with routine in-office exfoliation.  You can find this product here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P147925&categoryId=B70

Using the KP Duty will enhance the effectiveness of any body acne product that you may already have when used in conjunction with this product.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

strmysony
Answered
(0) Hearts

Depending on the kind of breakouts you're having there are several products you can try. One option is a body wash like PTR's Buffing Beads Body wash. I use DDF's Pumice Acne Scrub on my face and body and it works well. Both products are a scrub so gently cleanse the areas with breakouts before using these or you may spread more bacteria. You can also try a Alpha Hydroxy toner, or benzoyl peroxide treatment that is made for body acne, Mario Badescu's has a section of products for treating this type of acne. 

There are several types of body acne, you may consider going to a dermatologist to determine if you have folliculitis et cetera. Try to wear breathable fabrics like cotton and switch to a clear, perfume free laundry detergent. Hope this helps.

cherrybombtastic
Answered
(0) Hearts

When you say that facial products are weak when using them, are you using like a full regimen on your arm, like cleanser, spot treatment, and moisturizer? Sometimes, I'll have a random pimple on my chest, back, or neck and usually it takes a sulfur spot treatment to have more effect. You can even try a benzyl peroxide spot treatment if you want.  And when you say acne body scrub, do you mean those Neutrogena ones? Although I have never tried the Murad body spray or body wash, maybe that's worth sampling at Sephora? I hope this helps!

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • strmysony
    • cherrybombtastic
    • 6aad0801
    • insomnia