Answer
akt141
How do I know if I am allergic to benzol peroxide ?

I am mild acne and nothing seems to be helping! Everyone says anything with benzol peroxide will help, but it seems that every time I use it I get raised bumps on my skin! Please help! I am not sure if this is a common side effect of it or if I am actually allergic to it.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
tmgood
Answered
(0) Hearts

yes if thats the only thing your using on your face. you can start by process of elimination. it might be a combination of  the BP and makeup or moisturizer. It might just be the strength or the amount of times you use it per day/week.

polishlover10
Answered
(0) Hearts

Test a bit on a small patch of skin off your face, maybe your wrist. If you get irritated there, you could be allergic. Benzoyle peroxide is pretty drying. It may just aggravate your skin. However, if you really think you are allergic to BP, try adapalene instead. It's extremely effective, but prescription only.

sarithor
Answered
(0) Hearts

You might be allergic, the only way to truely know is to go speak to a Doctor about it. They can probably run tests to see. I've been allergic to stuff in a face wash...it was actually something I already knew I was allergic to (tomatoes) but I didn't know it was in my face wash. It was a natural face wash and I guess it had a bunch of different ingredients... I broke out sooo bad. Took me 3 weeks to figure out why I was breaking out. If you don't think you can do Benzoyl Peroxide, try Salycic Acid or Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) which is a family name for a different types of acid: Citric Acid, Glycolic Acid, Lactic Acid, Malic acid, and Tartaric Acid.  those all work well against acne.

You can try Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Acne Clearing Gel for 45 dollars http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P3550&categoryId=B70

tmgood
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

yes adapalene (aka Differin) is a good call, but stay away from Epiduo if you are allergic to BP - epiduo has adaplene & BP

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 4 in conversation
    • sarithor
    • polishlover10
    • tmgood
    • akt141