kaily4

How can I bring a pimple to the surface?

(0) Hearts

I have a huge red bump thats been on my face for almost a week now. How can I bring it completely to the surface?

madam31

Re: How can I bring a pimple to the surface?

(0) Hearts

and yes.. kate somerville's spot treatment is great!

madam31

(0) Hearts

hot compress, soak a cotton pad under hot water then apply to ur blemish.. repeat it few times.. never force it out though.. i have also tried ploysporin. if u feel a blemish coming on, apply the poly.. even warm honey may do the trick

invisiblebike

(0) Hearts

Totally agree with the hot compress. I leave it on the offending spot for about five minutes, and it always brings it to a head by morning.

I also had pretty good luck with Origins Super Spot Remover:

http://www.sephora.com/super-spot-remover-acne-treatment-gel-P297517?skuId=1375690

I would pop it on at night, and by morning I would have a HUGE whitehead. It's better to bring the gross stuff to the surface than be stuck with a red blind pimple for weeks. My one complaint about that product was the awful packaging though. Very hard to get just the right amount out, so a lot of it went to waste since there was no way to get it back in the bottle.

drrragon

I've discovered this year that sulfur is great for that.  You can try Kate Somerville's EradiKate Acne Treatment, or the drugstore version is Bye Bye Blemish:

swfupload_7563855543362189928.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/eradikate-acne-treatment-P232903?skuId=1167147

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

With hot steam/compress your pores are more open so it's easier for pimples to come out. Then I apply a peel or mask to shrink/draw out the pimple. Depends on how on the surface it is, it might still take a couple of days.

garnett

(0) Hearts

I find that a warm/hot compress can help.  I use a cloth that has been soaked in hot water and  lightly wrung out.  I place  on the offending area with light pressure until it gets cool and then I do it again.  Just be sure that the water is not so hot it will burn you.  If I do this in the evening, the blemish ususally comes to a head by morning.  I apply a blemish cream that contains benzoyl peroxide 10%.  Many people like products that contain salicylic acid but I have dry skin and find it way too drying for me. Use whatever blemish product works for you. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • kaily4
    • drrragon
    • madam31
    • ChicDabbler
    • invisiblebike
    • garnett