MissLyss861

Help. Suggestions Wanted

(0) Hearts

I am in my mid-20's and have been breaking out more than ever! I figured its time to try a new acne wash because my current one obviously isn't doing it anymore. I've been looking at different products online and there are just way too many to decide. I started looking at the Clinique acne kit but even after ready reviews, I'm still unsure of it.

My skin is dry in the morning, after I shower (not sure if that's from my current face wash or not) and gets shiny, oily within only a few hours. 

Any suggestions on products to help treat my acne problem without breaking the bank? 

dapt529

Re: Help. Suggestions Wanted

(0) Hearts

The Clinique kit is a great option. I have menopausal acne and this is the only thing that worked for me. Tried Murad  both regular acne kit and their resurgence. tried proactive also. The moisturizer was not enough so I am going for Kate Sommerville oil free. Will keep you updated.

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

I use DDF Benzoyl Peroxide Get with Tea Tree Oil. Before that, I tried everything, including Clinique and Murad. I now just wash my face with a face wash that has salicylic acid and then I apply the DDF. Then I use a good moisturizer. I've gone from regular breakouts to maybe two small ones a month. I highly recommend this product. I get it from Ulta, but you could also get it from Amazon.

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]

Sounds like the skin is dehydrated, not dry, so it's producing more oil to make up for loss. So moisturizer is also needed.

Acne products will dry out the skin, so it's best to use every other day, only in the area needed, or once a day depending on what it is.

A acne wash really doesn't stay on the skin long enough to get deep into the pores. I would get a rx for aczone instead of over the counter typical acne ingredients. This rx is topical dapson gel and does work and keeps acne away.

And I've tried everything rx and not...Clinique's ingredients are not so great. However, I am sensitive to the typical ingredients...even though I've tried them before knowing this.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lecia1167
    • TrysBeautyItems
    • dapt529
    • MissLyss861