cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Help! Need advice with skincare

Hi! I am currently 23 years old and have suffered from acne my whole life. I have recently been using Proactiv+ but stopped because it wasn't having a great affect on my acne or skin. I started to use Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correcting pads along with Dermalogica Medibac face wash and a toner. My face cleared up somewhat well but now I have these little tiny bumps/breakouts all over my face. I never used to get those, and rather I would get bigger acne bumps. Should I switch to using another skin care product? Does anyone have any ideas? PLEASE HELP!

Re: Help! Need advice with skincare

I had acne my whole life too and I'm also 23! I've found that changing my diet was one of the few things that truly helped. Anytime I eat gluten, I breakout. A lot of people break out from dairy too. As far as products, I highly recommend Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta peels. I use extra strength but my skin is used to a lot. Also, iS Clinical Active Serum is absolutely amazing! They're very expensive but they're the only things that have truly worked for me and I've literally tried it all. Also, retinol is very effective. I use Resurface by Shani Darden Retinol Reform because its effective but gentle thanks to moisturizing ingredients like aloe. If you aren't using a moisturizer, thats super important too. I like Control Corrective Oil Free Healing lotion because it doesn't cause more breakouts.

Re: Help! Need advice with skincare

Hi, rach7695!

Can you please share with us whether you're washing your face once or twice a day, what toner you're using, how often you're utilizing the PTR pads, and whether or not your skin care regimen extends beyond those three items (cleanser, toner, and pads)? 

When you first wake, how does your skin look and feel (for example, is it extremely oily, are some regions dry, or does skin feel relatively normal)? About how many blemishes a month do you experience (on average)?

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing