Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

HELP: Skincare Recommendations?

I'm currently on a skincare binge. I have sensitive, oily, and acne prone skin.

What are your recommendations for:

Cleanser

Serum

Moisturizer

Thank you so much!

Re: HELP: Skincare Recommendations?

@KristinGL

Based on the little information you have given, here is my input:

1.  Avoid any cleanser that says "Foaming", or has scrubby particles.  Since your skin is sensitive, I recommend Rev Evercalm Cleansing Milk, or the entire line of Tata Harper Cleasners.  

2. Serum - what are you trying to address?  How old are you?  If you are over 30, you could add something with Retinol.  that will help your acne too.  DDG retinol serum is a good start.  If you are younger, don't bother with Retinol.  Add something with Vit C for the skin benefits and to keep it luminous and fade spots.

3.  Moisturiser - there are many.  Caudalie, Tata Harper, Algenist, FAB.....they have all been well reviewed.  And they are good quality brands.

I recommend incorporatng acid exfoliation.  If you are in your 20s, once or twice a week.  If you are in your 30s or older, 3-4 times a week as you build up.  If you are early 20s or in  your teens.....don't bother.

Make sure your skin is well hydrated.  Dehydrated oily skin is the most sensitive.

Cleanser: Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser (it's also a makeup remover)

Serum: I just use BHA; Retin-A

Moisturizer: CeraVe PM

I used to have problem skin a few years ago: very acne prone, redness, sensitive...

I've always been on the lookout to try different products to fix my skin...then I found boscia!  I use the boscia tsubaki oil gel for cleansing.  They recently discontinued the tsubaki exfoliating powder and the cool blue oil that I stocked up on, but the cleanser is definitely a skin saver.  I recommended it to my friend, my mom, and my aunt, and now they just keep buying the same exact one for the past few years because they love what it does to their skin.  So you see it works for all age ranges too!

Anonymous Insider

Hey, KristinGL! I have the same skin type as you! My skin is very sensitive and I use all of these products daily. I do them all for day and night and honestly, my skin is scary clear.

My Short, Simple, and Affordable Skincare routine:

1. Tony Moly: Egg Pore Shiny Skin Soap
  2. 2.Biore: Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser
  3. 3.IMAGE Skincare: Ormedic Balancing Facial Cleanser(you don't need a toner if you use this)
  4. 4.Olay: Olay Complete All Day Moisturizer

p.s  I hope this helps ❤️

I'm not sure what your sensitivities are, but I'll share what I use and hopefully it helps!

I recently started using Belif Problem Solution Cleansing Foam and I've liked it so far! I also use the toner from the same line and it's done wonders for controlling excess oil without stripping your face dry and causing it to go into overdrive! 

http://www.sephora.com/problem-solution-cleansing-foam-P410816?skuId=1840271&icid2=products%20grid:p...

For a serum, I've been using the Boscia Clear Complexion Treatment. I've not started using anti-aging products yet!

http://www.sephora.com/clear-complexion-treatment-with-botanical-blast-P199613?skuId=1164094

I've also used the Kate Somerville EradiKate Acne Treatment for acne spots and it really helps! Especially when I don't pick at or pop them 🙂

http://www.sephora.com/eradikate-acne-treatment-P232903?skuId=1167147

For moisturizers, I use the Tatcha Balanced Pore Perfecting Water Gel Moisturizer in the morning. I know it's pricey, but it has seriously made a difference- my pores are much smaller and my face has a healthier glow (and less oil)!

http://www.sephora.com/balanced-pore-perfecting-water-gel-moisturizer-P409600?skuId=1798446&icid2=pr...

At night I use the Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb- it's really moisturizing but not too heavy!

http://www.sephora.com/the-true-cream-aqua-bomb-P394639?skuId=1686427&icid2=products%20grid:p394639

Hope that helps!

Hi, KristinGL!

Can you share with us what skin care items you may be currently using so we can see if there are any items you can keep to using and what adjustments may be able to fit into things? Revamping a skin care regimen is certainly something to ease into as often times a full system "reset" can throw skin in for a loop and cause shock or even negative reactions as skin that was using X products all together is suddenly deprived of them and is introduced to Y products all at once. 

Can you share with us what ingredients or components you're sensitive to? For being acne prone, are you aware of any specific triggers that may cause blemishes or even how many blemishes you may experience on average in a month? Is your entire face experiencing oiliness or is it in specific areas, such as the t-zone, that are primarily affected?

The more we know about your skin the better myself and others can assist with making recommendations for you! 🙂

Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 7 Contributors
testing