Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Glamglow super cleanse daily clearing cleanser or Kate Somerville daily cleanser acne treatment?

RE: Glamglow super cleanse daily clearing cleanser or Kate Somerville daily cleanser acne treatment?

@heymelissa, I absolutely swear by GLAMGLOW SuperCleanse. It is my holy grail product. It has removed the texture on my face. The kind that’s underneath your skin and never turns into an actual thing. Hope you give it a try!

Re: Glamglow super cleanse daily clearing cleanser or Kate Somerville daily cleanser acne treatment?

Hey @heymelissa, based on your options, I assume you have fairly oily, acne-prone skin.

Kate Somerville has some of the best acne treatment products available (I swear by her EradiKate spot treatment), but I'd be reluctant to use the Daily Cleanser Acne Treatment daily unless you have widespread, persistent acne breakouts.  The active ingredient is sulfur—the same as the spot treatment—but when used twice daily over the entire face, it's also going to really dry out and leech your whole complexion.  It won't interfere with your other possible acne treatments (like salicylic acid products might), but instead I'd recommend an overnight spot treatment and a sulfur-based mask 2-3 times a week.

I just received the GlamGlow Super Cleanse Daily Cleanser earlier this month.  It definitely lives up to its claims, and it leaves my (combination-oily with mild hormonal breakouts) skin clear and ultra-cleansed.  However, I find it too harsh to use twice daily, so I alternate it with a gentler cleanser in the morning.

Re: Glamglow super cleanse daily clearing cleanser or Kate Somerville daily cleanser acne treatment?

Hi @heymelissa,

I think this depends on what you want from your cleansers. 

If you are more acne prone, I suggest Eradikate Daily Cleanser as it calms redness, and removes excess oiliness. 

If you just want clear skin, then go with Glamglow. It removes an left over make up on your skin and is supposed to give you a mattified complexion. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing