Answer
lo1978
Gentle cleanser or acne-specific cleanser?
(0) Hearts

I have combination skin with mild acne.  I am trying to figure out the best skincare regimen for me without going overboard with products.  I currently started using Dermadoctor's Ain't Misbehavin AHA/BHA Acne Cleanser and it's okay.  I am also using a retinoid at night along with an acne gel in the morning.  My question is this: is it better to use a basic gentle cleanser and then use acne treatments, or use an acne cleanser along with acne treatments?  Also if you suggest a basic gentle cleanser should I just go with a drugstore brand like Purpose or something?  I want to have a regimen that prevents breakouts as much as possible, but I also know you shouldn't overdo it.  Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
ygonzabelize
Answered
(0) Hearts
I am 4 months post-Accutane. I would recommend Philosophy facial cleanser, I have never had any problems with it. I especially love to use it with my Clarisonic. Everyone's skin is different. Have you tried using cleansing cloths like Neutragena or Burt's Bees?
mommy4ct
(0) Hearts
ive been using Philosophy cleanser (the creamy one not the foam) for 2 yrs and all the sudden at 34 ive got acne. which form of the cleanser do u use?
Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • lo1978
    • mommy4ct
    • powderedpeach
    • lhluckystar4
    • ygonzabelize