Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin

Foundation look terrible...

gHI all!

i have redness on my forehead, nose, and chin. I would like to use a foundation to cover it, and I've tried for like 3 years. Every time I do a full face of foundation, all the hair on my face shoes up and looks gross and it cakes. Should I wax my face or shave it or something? And I need a reliable foundation that is less than $20. I really want to figure all this out, so ANY advice is really appreciated.

Re: Foundation look terrible...

Wearing a primer underneath your foundation  should also help. 

It's peach fuzz, everyone has. There are tiny facial razors, but I would go to a professional first to figure out the best method for you and what to expect.

Excess redness may need a topical to calm, so a doc visit needed.

Green lessens red. There is IT cosmetics bye bye redness, one universal shade that does cover red well, use alone or under a base.

I have redness, but it's much less from topicals and gentle, basic skincare..not full of active ingredients nor harshness.

Thank you!

I would honestly advocate for CAREFULLY shaving your face. I do it about once a month, maybe less. It's exfoliating and your makeup will look much smoother.  I wouldn't suggest waxing since your face is so sensitive, go to a pro first, unless you are a pro.

For drug store foundations, Maybellines Matte and Poreless is pretty good, and I like Loreals True Match Lumi. Wet n Wilds new HD foundation is supposed to be amazing as well.

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing