infinitise

Favorite face oil for acne prone skin?

(0) Hearts

I have dehydrated acne prone skin. I don't have active breakouts, but if I decide to use something that's not so great for my skin, my skin decides to show it by breaking out.. 

I've been loving a Sea buckthorn oil that I got from Whole foods (it smells pretty bad, but it helps my breakout at bay, calms redness, gives me a nice glow in the morning, and helps with dryness) 

but because I'm away in Canada for school, I don't have whole foods around me :smileysad: so I'm looking for a new oil that is as great or even better 

The only other oil that I have tried in the past is the nuxe oil and avocado oil (also organic).. 

nuxe oil smelled really nice.. sweet and nutty.. but it did break me out and have me white heads .. 

Avocado oil was so thick that I couldn't get it to work for my skin. 

can anyone recommend me any oil from anywhere that I can use as a night moisturizer that won't cause break outs and moisturize my skin? 
(it would be even better if it can help with acne, hyperpigmentations, redness, and white heads 

daeidre

Re: Favorite face oil for acne prone skin?

(0) Hearts

@jecrystal: That's interesting! I found the Boscia oil to have one of the most intense scents of the ones I've looked at!

If you want sea buckthorn oil you might be able to get it from a health food store. I know there's at least one near me that stocks it. While you're there you could also check out Tamanu Oil. I've yet to try that myself but apparently it's excellent for acne-prone skin because it's a natural antibacterial agent, and anti-inflammatory.

jecrystal

(0) Hearts

@Mariadlg I agree completely! I am loving the Tsubaki oil - and I don't find it has much of a smell which seems to be the complaint about moist oils

brittany0859

(0) Hearts

Although I don't use them, I've heard many good things about Tarte Maracuja, Boscia Tsubaki and Kate Sommerville Dilo Oil acne prone/ oily skin.

shirlszheng

(0) Hearts

Tarte Maracuja Oil is great! I have the same type of skin problem with you, and now that I have been using the oil for 3 months now, I can honestly tell you that my dark spots from acnes have faded by 80% and now the only acne that grows are from hormones and stress. The oil also brighten my face and gives a nice glow. The way I apply the oil is by squeezing  two pea drops into my palm, spread then tap it onto my skin. Hope this helps!!

rockinlaudy

(0) Hearts

I just started using Boots Botanics 100% Organic facial oil.  I wanted to try a face oil without paying over $50 for it, and wanted to make sure that not all oils were going to break me out (the only one I had ever tried was Josie Maran and it caused a breakout).  I've been using Boots for 10 days now, no break outs.  I use it in the morning and at night over my moisturizer.  I think it is working slowly to keep my skin hydrated, and it seems like my redness is calming down.  So far I'm pleased with this $8 purchase.  

If this product hadn't worked, I was going to spring for the Boscia oil in the red jar that Jaclyn Hill on YouTube swears by.  

Mariadlg

Boscia Tsubaki oil, helps with dark spots (hyperpigmentation) its antibacterial and doesnt cause skin to break out, I have acne and I love it!! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 7 in conversation
    • brittany0859
    • shirlszheng
    • infinitise
    • daeidre
    • Mariadlg
    • jecrystal