cashmeredom

Facial Cleanser and Moisturizer for Acne-Prone Skin

(0) Hearts

Hi, I am looking for a facial cleanser and moisturizer (night cream, sunscreen, etc) for my sort of oily with large pores, acne-prone skin. I have been using Clinique's acne skincare line for more than 2 years but want to change because I still get breakouts from time to time, get rashes when the season changes and now that I'm past my teen years, I want to try something that's not as drying. I've tried other brands such as First Aid Beauty and Lancome but still get breakouts. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

beautylovingirl

Re: Facial Cleanser and Moisturizer for Acne-Prone Skin

(0) Hearts

I think the Murad Acne Complex Kit is a great suggestion you can get the whole kit for 35.00. It's a 30 day kit but well worth the money to get you on your way. Hope this helps!

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Murad is excellent.  Pricey, but really good at delivering what they promise.  The thing those of us with acne experience is dryness because we either over exfoliate and anger the skin OR we apply too many chemicals to "dry up" the blemishes.  Either way, our skin overproduces oil to compensate, and, naturally, more blemishes arise.  

i stooped all physical exfoliations scrubs, grains, Clarisonic) and stuck with Murad's Pomegranate Mask twice weekly.  That and alcohol-free toners, oil-free products, and no picking of my skin.  Zero blemishes for 2 months now.  A first!!

ManaSmith86

(0) Hearts

Murad is meant to be good for adult skin. It didn't work for me completely, but I have hormonal cystic acne.

I've also been using Dermadoctor's Ain't Misbehavin for an acne treatment and all the rest of my products are Caudalie and I'm liking that so far.

You could also try the Boscia Clear Complexion one month kit. It has lovely reviews.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • cashmeredom
    • beautylovingirl
    • ManaSmith86