beautymission

Face Wash Help

I can't decide between two face washes. Philosophy Purity or Philosophy Clear Days Ahead. I have heard great things about both! I have pretty normal skin not super dry not super oily but it's very acne prone and lately it's been acting up. Which would be best for me? Please help!
fuuhouhouji

Re: Face Wash Help

(0) Hearts

For normal skin clear days ahead can be drying; so you may not want to use it daily. I don’t wash my face in the morning (In the morning I only use water) but at nigh I use the Purity one and every 3 of 4 days I use a cleanser with salicylic acid (like clear days ahead). I have dry skin that happens to be acne prone (that makes pretty hard to find a good product for my skin) and that has work for me. You can use more washing if is suits you. The other thing is that you have to figure out if you are doing something that’s making your acne worse. You may be over washing, over exfoliating; your makeup may be too old (and harboring bacteria). You may need to wash your brushes more often or even be from changing the products you use to clean your clothes (I once get terrible acne because I was allergic to the product I was using to clean my bed sheets.) 

Laurin88

(0) Hearts

Neither...just use dove soap on your face. Trust me! After that use a salicylic acid toner. Then apply Clinique Even Better correcting serum, Even Better oil free moisturizer and there you go! If you wear foundation use Even Better foundation. Looks so natural and covers well! Even Better products helps acne as well as even skin tone in the process!

fuuhouhouji

(0) Hearts

The dove soap is really moisturizing, even comedogenic. It may not be a good option for everyone, especially if she is complaining about acne. Both my husband and I get acne with it (all over the body) and my husband doesn’t have acne problems. 

valentinamia

(0) Hearts

I have never used Philosophy's Clear Days Ahead, but what I would suggest is using the Purity at night because it is great at getting all of the makeup and dirt off of your skin, and then use the Clear Days Ahead in the morning. Sometimes a little mixing and matching is a good thing!

amyid

(0) Hearts

I actually use both.  The Clear Days Ahead is at the sink and the Purity is in the shower.  I have oily skin and this combo has really done wonders for my breakouts.  Make sure you follow up afterwards with a good moisturizer.

babybear04

(0) Hearts

I used to use Clear Days Ahead and absolutely loved it! I only stopped because my dermatologist wanted to put me on something a bit stronger for my acne (I'm now on SkinMedica, which I think can only be purchased at aestheticians offices).  That being said, I highly recommend Clear Days Ahead over purity. It absolutely isn't drying (at least for me, but I do usually have oily skin), and leaves skin feeling lovely.  It doesn't feel oily when using it, and I feel like it rinses totally clean.  Especially when combined with the clarisonic, your skin feels super clean and soft without that horrible "squeeky clean" feeling.  It also smells heavenly--citrusy, like oranges!

Hope this helps and best of luck!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

You can really use both if needed. Do you wash in both mornings and evenings? You can always use the Purity on days where you use make up (as it's also a make up remover), or use the Purity in the mornings and Clears Days Ahead at night so while you sleep your skin is resting and treated for the breakouts.

crose25

(0) Hearts

Purity has some ingredients that strip the skin of it's natural oil. After using it for awhile, you may find that your skin is going to dry up. The main key is to find a wash to keep your skin balanced. You don't have to look for fancy ingredients because they are just going straight down the drain. watch out for ingredients like "sodium laureth sulfate" which is very drying. 

5bella22

(0) Hearts

Very helpful post, thanks for the advice! :smileyhappy:

marshiemallow

(0) Hearts

So glad you asked this question!

oopz

(0) Hearts

Hi it was my question too .  and I choose  clear day ahead one because the other one is oily and it doesn't help with your acne . Good luck :smileyhappy: 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I would say the Purity made simple it's more or less for normal skin, and I think you do have normal skin that is just acting up this time of year most people have problems and the Philosophy clear days ahead is mostly for acne, oily skin and I think it would be too much and probalbly dry your skin out to much, and if you haven't gotten the clarisonic I  think that would be a good choice to add to the purity made simple. Hope this helps!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 12 in conversation
    • 5bella22
    • amyid
    • lylysa
    • crose25
    • fuuhouhouji
    • babybear04