Cystic acne: Your advice?

jennypenny1995

Cystic acne: Your advice?

I'm in my 30s and have cystic acne on occasion.  The most frustrating thing I think we'd all agree on is how dang long it takes to make them go away!  I'd love to hear from those of you who've dealt with these.  How do you make them go away?  How long do they stay for you?  What do you use to cover them, especially since they don't break the skin like a pimple but are just raised lumps? Thanks, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

jennypenny1995

Re: Cystic acne: Your advice?

(0) Hearts

Ugh!  THANK YOU for reiterating that I'm not alone in this! I used a Clairsonic with no benefit whatsoever but actually with more irritation and just angry skin.  (That's the only way I can describe it.)  Hopefully, your experience with it beats mine.

Again, thanks SO much for taking the time to reply and give your tips!

lreagan

(0) Hearts

You're very welcome! I'm sorry to hear the Clarisonic didn't work out for you. I really hope I don't have the same reaction!

Also, I forgot to mention that since I've been using Murad's Time Release Acne Cleanser, I haven't had any new cysts form. It hasn't helped get rid of my current cystic acne, but it has at least kept me from getting more!

http://www.sephora.com/time-release-acne-cleanser-P254720?skuId=1224724

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I used that same cleanser for a solid month and really, really tried to stick with it.  Unfortunately, it dried me out, even though I was only using it once daily.  My skin started to feel irritated and rough, but it came back to more normal feeling after going off it for a day or so.  Was so disappointed!

lreagan

(0) Hearts

Oh, that's too bad! I have really oily skin so I haven't experienced any dryness issues with it. I do only use it once daily in the morning and then wash my face with Murad's Soothing Gel Cleanser which is great for angry, irritated skin. You may look into getting a sample because if your cystic acne is anything like mine, it looks very red and angry. :smileysad:

http://www.sephora.com/soothing-gel-cleanser-P72000?skuId=775361

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Today is a 3 cyst day.  Having so much fun!  : (

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 46 replies
  • 24 hearts
  • 16 in conversation
    • katie1724