Spyski

Closed Comedones (whiteheads)

I have some concern and maybe you ladies can help me out. I finally have gotten my acne under much needed control BUT those pesky little white bumps under my skin are still there! I've been battling closed white heads for the longest I can remember around my jawline and "bronzing line" contour area of my cheeks. I have combo skin whereas my t-zone is the most oily and the rest of my face is normal. I need a good life saving suggestion for an exfoliator and a mask that targets white heads. Although, I'm not sure if these two products target white heads but have seemed to work. They were both samples. The Exfolikate and Amore Pacific enzyme peel have both made the white heads surface, but I wasn't sure what to do after they surfaced. I wanted to refrain from picking at them, but...that didn't happen :smileysad: I know. I know. I shouldn't pick my acne. Is there any kind of intensive spot treatment to put on the surfaced white heads that will make them dry out before I wake up the next morning or atleast minimize the appearance? I've been debating about getting the Peter Thomas Roth Sulfur Masque as well. Any opinions on all this?

Skincare regimen:

1.) Murad Time Release Cleanser

2.) LUSH Tea Tree Water

3.) Clinique Dramatically Diff. Gel

Spieluhr

Re: Closed Comedones (whiteheads)

Just recently, I also found out that Origins Charcoal mask does wonders. I've been meaning to try out this product for a loooong time, and finally just ordered it. I'm hoping it fixes this problem, too. Never got them before, and I had some pretty nasty acne before it cleared up. 

Spyski

(0) Hearts

That is a great mask for acne-prone skin no doubt, but I didn't find it much helpful with the most under laying white heads. I find that enzyme peels work best for me, just having a hard time getting rid of them once they surface. I've been recommended to try a sulfur treatment to dry out the surfaced ones today so we'll see how that goes.

Spieluhr

I've been meaning to try Philosophy's enzyme peel mask (I forget exactly what it's called, but it comes in a coral-colored tube), since I've had such great progress with toning down my acne using the Philosophy line. So I hope it works! I'll have to give that a shot. :smileyhappy:

Spyski

(0) Hearts

I think this may be the one you're referring to

swfupload_3786429861198408944.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/the-microdelivery-purifying-peel-one-minute-purifying-enzyme-peel-P264934?sku...

You should def. give an enzyme peel a try!

Spieluhr

Yep! That's the one! I'm going to go ahead and look into it. I've heard really good things! :smileyhappy: Which one are you planning on trying out?

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Well, I love the Amore Pacific one because its effective over time and gentle, but the Exfolikate sample I recently got really was intensifying but I could tell it would be a little harsh for sensitive skin. Now I don't have super sensitive skin, so I went with the Exfolikate one since it worked best and made the white heads surface within minutes from using it. I have not heard of the Philosophy one, but that doesn't stop me from checking into it (researching) :smileyvery-happy:

Spieluhr

(0) Hearts

lol! That'a girl. :smileytongue: Feel free to give us all an update on that! 

rikkie

(0) Hearts

I finally tried out the Origins mask too! I love it and the fact that it is a great spot treatment as well if anything pops up unexpectedly. I hope it works out well for you! 

ps, love your username! I can't wait to see Rammstein live again, best concert ever!

Spieluhr

Haha! Nice to see another Rammstein fan, oddly enough on Sephora! :smileyhappy:  And same here. Can't wait for the next show! 

rikkie

(0) Hearts

:smileyvery-happy: It is kind of not the typical place to find Rammstein fans, but we will look extra fantastic compared to the girls drowning in too much raccon-like eyeliner, haha. They just don't come to North America often enough, I think the next trip I take to Europe will have to include a Rammstein concert! 

Spieluhr

(0) Hearts

Right?! I was having a good laugh about that as well, what are the friggin' odds of this happening? lol And yeah, I know what you mean. My hubby and I said the same about going to Europe for a show. It's been too long! 

Spyski

So, today I did some shopping after doing some research as well as receiving recommendations. Thanks all!

Spieluhr

I had the same exact problem. I thought some blemish spot treatment would do the trick, but nothing happened, just made that area dry :smileysad: Thanks for the recommendations, all :smileyhappy:

jennypenny1995

If they're under the skin, they're not infected and aren't ready to be dealt with (extraction, picking, etc.).  The key is prevention of them.  Use 1 product daily that has salicylic acid in it.  Until that has a chance to prevent newer ones, it'll be worth your while to schedule a facial at a reputable spa where they'll extract them for you.  No damage, no redness, no "ick" afterwards.  But, truly, salicylic acid once daily is key.  That and oil-free products ONLY on your face.

crayzeeRN

Thanks to spyski for asking this, and everyone else for answering! I've been having trouble with this too!

beautylovingirl

I would suggest the sulfur mask by Dr. Gross. Hope this helps!

drrragon

Hey Spyski,  I think you're headed down the right path by using exfoliators like the two you mentioned above.  It definitely helps to get those pesky bumps to surface!  

For a spot treatment, you might want to try something like Eradikate (it's a 10% sulfur solution).  It might seem strong at first but it is designed to be used only on spots and not all over.  

swfupload_2214312275800002220.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/eradikate-acne-treatment-P232903?skuId=1167147

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the suggestion. I was debating on whether I should save a couple bucks and use the PTR sulfur masque as a spot treatment as well, but I like that you don't have to rinse this one off after application!

drrragon

(0) Hearts

In the interest of full disclosure, it's not an invisible treatment, so best to use at night.  You take a qtip and dip it into the bottom of the bottle, then apply to spots.  When it dries it looks somewhat like calamine lotion.  

I was actually using a 6% sulfer mask from Proactiv as a spot treatment before I tried this type, and for some reason the 6% was pretty damaging to my skin.  I like this one better.

Spyski

(0) Hearts

Wow, and it says this one is 10%! Interesting. I'll have to add this to my "loves list" :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • drrragon
    • jennypenny1995
    • crayzeeRN
    • beautylovingirl
    • rikkie
    • Spyski