Answer
lo1978
Clogged pores
(0) Hearts
I have acne prone skin that is also sensitive/reacts to harsh acne products. I've tried glycolic cleansers/treatments, benzoyl peroxide and prescription retinol creams. All of them dried my skin out and caused more acne issues. After doing A LOT of research (and recommended by my esthetician) I've been cleansing using the oil cleansing method for the past 2-3 weeks. I'm pretty certain now my skin is purging all of the crap that's been in my pores because now I have quite a bit of clogged pores all over. In the morning I use a gentle cleansing milk with my Clarisonic, Caudalie SOS Thirst Quenching Serum and Caudalie Quenching Sorbet-Creme. Then after oil cleansing at night I use the serum again. I use a clay mask once a week and Olay Microdermabrasion scrub 2x week. How long should I give the oil cleansing purging period? What else can I do/use that will unclog the pores without killing my sensitive skin? Thanks in advance!
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 1
ahbuddha7
Answered
(0) Hearts

If you have acne prone sensitive skin, you should not be using any abrasives or exfoliants.  It sounds backwards, but this actually hurts more than it helps.  It makes sensitive skin more reactive and prevents it from healing.  I would lay off the microdermabrasion and clarisonic until you get the acne under control.  I would also simplify your routine as much as possible and lose the clay mask.  It took my skin about 3 weeks to adjust to oil cleansing, so I hope you see results soon!  I also added aloe vera juice as a toner and that helped immensly.  You can buy pure aloe vera juice at health food stores, the stuff for sun burns has too much alcohol for your face.  I also wonder if the serum is causing you problems, but I am not familiar with that particular product, I just know that serums tend to be thick and may not be allowing your skin to breath.  Good luck!

Question Stats
  • 1 answer
  • 0 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • lo1978
    • ahbuddha7