cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Clogged pores

I have clogged pores on my chin and blackheads on my nose. The biore nose strips or face strips never worked on them. I don't get much pimples and my skin isn't dry or oily. I need something that will help get rid the blackheads and clogged pores, I have a cheap olay facial cleaner like the electric brush. It dosn't work. I also tried the youinge charcoal mask, it did nothing. 

Re: Clogged pores

Liquid cleanser: Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Wash

Mechanical exfoliation: I like Philosophy Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash; Neutrogena has some good ones

BHA: Only Paula's Choice has good ones; you can start with 2% but I love the 9%

Oil blotting: Target makes excellent sheets

Retin-A

I have combo skin and pores that collect dirt and end up larger as a result. Surprisingly I've had some success with using micellar water. I use the one from Garnier that also removes waterproof makeup. I noticed that it's been helping to cleanse my pores so they're also less visible. 

Try adding it to your beauty routine, they make one for sensitive skin as well. 

AHAs (glycolic acid), BHAs (salicylic acid), and retinol are all good options to clear blackheads. They will help exfoliate and prevent dead skin and oil from building up and clogging pores.

REN Glycolic Lactic Mask is great for brightening and exfoliating. If you're willing to spend some money, Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta peels are incredible for clearing pores. Also, make sure your moisturizer and other products aren't clogging your pores.

The Foreo Luna has been very helpful in fighting blackheads too.

I had a big issue with blackheads on my nose. Since I started using my Clarisonic Mia daily I've noticed that my blackheads are gone and even my pores seem smaller. I use Peter Thomas Roth Anti Aging Cleansing Gel and I make sure to rinse my face with cold water, not hot.

Any product with salicylic acid is really going to get rid of any dead skin, oil, clogs, blackheads etc that are jamming up your pores.

AHA's (alpha hydroxy acids) really dissolve the "glue" (oils/sebum from our skin) on our skin that dead to accumulate dead skin cells and dirt which can develop into blackheads, clogged pores etc and also keep your skincare from really penetrating and getting the full benefits from it. This means that AHA's are also great for treating dry patches as they get rid of the flaky, dry, dead skin. You just need to make sure to use a good moisturizer afterwards that won't break you out. Some of my favourites are from Drunk Elephant, but Paulas Choice and Cerave offer some amazing, more affordable ones too.

BHA's (like Salicylic Acid) are acids that are able to penetrate more deeply than AHA's and get into your pores to really help get rid of blackheads and treat/prevent new acne from forming.

There are definitely a lot of options out there! If you have a more generous budget, the Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos serum is amazing! It has both Alpha Hydroxy Acids and Salicylic acid in it!

If you wanting to stick to a smaller budget, I highly recommend checking out the Paula's Choice website. They make an excellent product called the Skin Perfecting 2% BHA liquid that is phenomenal for getting rid of blackheads and just really helping with texture issues in the skin!

I have dry skin that is very breakout prone, which means patches of dry, flaky skin, blackheads and some breakouts/scarring. I have had success with everything I mentioned here! I know everyones skin is different but they were helpful for me.

In terms of foundation, I will say I am a HUGE fan of the Tarte Rainforest of the Sea foundation. It is the only one I've ever worn that doesn't stick to my dry patches upon application and also throughout the day as well. Many others went on nicely, but mid-day just really starting accentuating and even creating more dry patches!

Hey, are you using a toner? I know exactly what your situation is like and I resolved it with a better skincare regimen. My pores would always get clogged like little bumps no matter what I did until I started using a toner. Try picking one that's alcohol-free.

The rest of your skincare could probably use some work, but adding a good toner changed the game for me.

Hi @Anonymous!

Check out this thread for some great suggestions:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Acne/Blackheads/m-p/2700775/highlight/true#M20009

Cheers!
Nikko
7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing