Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Cleansing oil recommendations?

Hey guys!  I have dry and sensitive, acne-prone skin, and I'm always looking for new cleansing oils because I've not found my favorite yet.  So far I've used The Face Shop Rice Water Cleansing oils and KOSE Softly Mu Cleansing oil which are more affordable.  I've used BanilaCo Clean It Zero and Heimish Cleansing Balm, but I have a Newfoundland dog so his hair gets EVERYWHERE in products in tubs so I prefer pumps...hence a preference for cleansing oils.

Thanks!

Re: Cleansing oil recommendations?

I use the Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil, and it's amazing. I have sensitive combination skin and it doesn't break me out, which is such a good thing! I used to be afraid of oils until I tried this one and now I swear by it. It melts my double wear foundation right off when I use it. I then use my Shiseido Pureness Deep Cleansing Foam to wash my face.

Oil Price: $32

Bobbi Brown cleansing oil! It's absolutely the best I've tried, and I've tried a lot lol. It doesn't leave a residue, doesn't burn my eyes, and removes all of my makeup. 

I have super sensitive, acne prone and combo dry skin with rosacea. I love the Tatcha Pure Camellia Cleansing oil. It gets all my makeup off, even waterproof mascara. It doesn't burn my eyes or make my eyelids dry like other makeup removers. I would say pick up a sample and try it out!

I second this! Tatcha is really gentle but so, so effective. I have acne prone skin, and easily triggered redness, though not rosacea. Love it so much

Coconut oil is the best makeup remover! leaves your skin moisturized and soft as well 🙂 

Glad I'm not the only one that uses straight up oil for removing makeup. I used to use Vaseline, but then switched to coconut oil and found that it worked just as well. I like coconut oil basically just on my eye region and then I follow up with a soap based facial cleaner all over my face to wash away the rest of my makeup and remove the oil.

Coconut oil smells so good too!  

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil! I have tried almost all of them and that is my favorite.

I love Tata Harper Nourishing Oil cleaner.

I don't think I've tried that one (or I don't remember trying it). Does it have a scent?  

Hi @heartsmyface

It doesn't really have a scent.  I mean, it smells very gently of "oil".  Not a bad oil...just a pleasant oil.  But otherwise no real fragrance.

Shu Uemura is my all time favourite cleansing oil! Specifically the green one.  It has a very subtle line scent. 

Tatcha cleansing oil and Shu uemura cleansing oil. L'occitane and Dior are not bad, altho they don't remove heavy duty makeup as fast.

As for the rest, I've tried Boscia, Josie Maran and a few others. Unfortunately they either leaves a stuffy film on my face or feels irritating when I rub it on the lashline to remove the makeup there.

You might also enjoy cleansing water as well, Koh Gen Do and Dr. Jart+ Dermaclear are my fav.

I really like the Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing oil. I continue to re-purchase it over and over so I will never run out (another one is on its way to me)

I recently ordered the Sephora Collection Supreme Cleansing oil to use when I have very little makeup on. It's not bad but I still like Boscia better.

I like Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil. It does have a pump and a peach scent. I use Josie Maran skin care products exclusively and my skin has a radiance to it.

Shiseido's Perfect Cleansing Oil is very luxurious. It's a touch pricey especially compared to TFS, but it's a bit thicker and works nicely. 

Hi @CorinneRose,

Based on your concerns I'd recommend the following products: 

Biossance Squalane + Antioxidant Cleansing Oil effortlessly dissolves long-wear makeup and impurities. It is a non-toxic formula with sustainable ingredients that leaves skin clean, moisturized, and smooth. 

boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil is a gentle, but effective cleansing oil that can be used morning and night to remove makeup, brighten the complexion, and purify pores. It's rich in vitamin E and botanical amino acids to detoxify, refine pores, and condition skin with antiaging benefits and free radical protection.

Erno Laszlo Sensitive Cleansing Oil has soothing plant extracts to dissolve trapped oils, impurities, and makeup. Andiroba oil teams with rich fatty acids to visibly reduce inflammation and promote natural skin renewal.

XOXO,
Marieke

I really like L'Occitane Shea Cleansing Oil. My skin is dry-combination, and this has really balanced it. I'm not acne prone, but I do break out occasionally, and this hasn't lead to any more breakouts, which some oils can definitely do! 

Conversation Stats
testing