ALAINAH

Clarisonic Confusion.

I've posted on here before asking for advice with my Clarisonic-- I've been going through a purging stage for the past 3 weeks and I'm close to returning it. 

I started using it with Purity by Philosophy, which I had never used before, by researching it on here and finding good reviews. Before, I used the Proactiv system which is not compatible with the Clarisonic.

I have large pores and oily skin --not sensitive-- so I switched to the Deep Pore brush after about a week. It seemed to flare up my skin but then my skin started to clear up.

Just as my skin started to look good again, I tried using Clinique's Acne Toner and Moisturizer after using my Clarisonic. NOT GOOD. My skin became so dry so I stopped using it.

Now my face has recovered from the Clinique but I still have small bumps all over my face, especially my forehead. I'm still using the Purity cleanser morning and night, but only with the Clarisonic at night. Afterwards, I have been using a Mario Badescu toner that I used when my skin appeared to be clearing up a few weeks earlier. 

PLEASE help. I'm beginning to suspect I need to change my cleanser or my brush head to Acne-prone.

choosysusan

Re: Clarisonic Confusion.

(0) Hearts

Found it! It's called:

6 WEEKS FROM HELL! MY CLARISONIC EXPERIENCE

Click on this link:

http://youtu.be/bHST22gqS4o

P.S. Do not be misled by the title. He is all about the Clarisonic; it was the deep pore brush that caused his problems.

choosysusan

(0) Hearts

Wow, I kind of cannot believe your post. I just watched @gossmakeupartist on YouTube. I have probably watched at least 100 of his posts, chats, and tutorials. He is my absolute favorite!

He keeps things direct and uncomplicated; he definitely knows what he's doing. Anyway, he did a Clarisonic tutorial a while ago, but recently he did another after having a VERY BAD experience when he switched to the deep pore brush.

I'm going to go now to try to find it. I think its title is something like 6 Weeks of Hell, or similar to that.

I'll be back with the link for you. I really cannot help but think that your problems are somehow related to the deep pore brush.

We'll get to the bottom of it. Promise. xo xo

Luxeface86

(0) Hearts

I would actually disagree that the issue is the cleanser. For a lot of people with acne, toners can cause worse breakouts.

I would say stop using the toner and just stick with the cleanser for a week. If your skin does not start clearing up, then switch cleansers. 

For me, I can't use toners. The only one I was able to use without a breakout afterwards was Dior's Gentle one (in the pink bottle) but it didn't do much for me and it's expensive so I ditched it. 

The only way to truly know what is going on with your skin is to try only one product at a time. Also, maybe only use your Clarisonic once a day and if you see no changes or if it continues to get worse, maybe it's too much aggravation on your skin so try only 3 times a week.

Let us know how you get on with that! Skip the toners though. :smileyhappy:

xpap

(0) Hearts

Hi Alainah,

I agree with DesertRose0706 in that you might want to try a different cleanser. In my experience, you can't be too gentle with your skin! I would recommend the Fresh Soy Cleanser. I use it with my clarisonic (gentle, acne-prone brush head) in the evenings and alone in the mornings. It has done wonders for calming my skin.

I would also recommend the First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads - they gently tone and exfoliate your skin. I use these morning and night and my skin has smoothed out and my pores are nearly completely unclogged!

Good luck!!

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

It sounds like the issue might be related to the cleanser.  try using a different cleanser, something gentle and not overly drying (normally I would suggest the Clinique facial soap in mild, but since you didn't have much luck with the other Clinique products, it might not be a good idea lol) for a while and see how your skin does.  I use the Clarisonic myself and do not have sensitive skin either.  I have tried a few of the different brush heads, but I really don't notice a difference in the way they work or feel so from my experience I wouldn't say it is the brush head.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • choosysusan
    • Luxeface86
    • DesertRose0706
    • xpap
    • ALAINAH