pinktorridora

Clarisonic Brush Heads: Deep Pore or Acne?

Time to put my 20% Friends and Family Discount to good use and get myself another value pack of brush heads for my Clarisonic Mia 2.

I've been using the Deep Pore brush heads for a few months now, and before that I used the Sensitive ones for a few months.  I switched from the Sensitive ones because I felt like my skin wasn't getting as clean after a few weeks and needed to switch more often than they recommend.  I've enjoyed the Deep Pore, but I've recently been battling some hormonal breakouts and wondering if I should give the Acne ones a try...HELP!

aviscardi

Re: Clarisonic Brush Heads: Deep Pore or Acne?

(0) Hearts

I only use the deep pore during the summer months, when my summer is a touch more oily. Right now with the weather change my skin has been getting dryer, i was using the clarisonic for 8mons straight 7days a week, and exfoliating 2xs with a mask on weekends. but I think i am going to just use my clarisonic 5days a week until my skin goes back to normal a bit

Are you sure the deep pore brush isn't too much. how many days a week do you exfoliate?

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

I use Exfolikate 2x per week.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

yea so i think its really just the combo of the clarisonic deep pore brush and going off BC. because your skin is getting use to not being on it anymore, and that probably regulated it for a while.

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

That makes sense. Guess I will give the sensitive brush a try for a while and see if my breakouts calm down a bit.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Definitely try it especially with the cold weather and then you can also try the acne one if that doesn't work. Do you remove your makeup first before cleansing? Sometimes certain cleansers don't work with the clarisonic as well as others do

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

I don't wear foundation, but will wear highlighters or cheek stains sometimes. Haven't been lately though bc wanted to not add insult to injury with my breakouts.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Ok that makes sense, so there wouldn't really be much to remove before hand. but if you do wear makeup you want to remove prior, or if its just a little make sure the cleanser can break down the makeup. I think its more likely that the brush in combination with the BC did that because you never had a reaction prior, and its the only thing you changed

I know that the clarisonic isn't good if you have acne prone skin because it really exfoliates. my friend was using it for a little while but had to stop when she started to break out, and it was too much. Personally if im not using it at least 5xs a week then i wouldn't have kept it especially since i want to use it when i am wearing makeup

carolang

(0) Hearts

I am acne prone ESP hormonal and I use thesensitive athink really like it, not too harsh. And I never had a purging period or any issues that would make my think my clarisonic was giving me problems.

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

Yeah I never purged when I started using it either. Just been since I went off BC, my skin has been crazy.

TrysBeautyItems

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Since you are only feeling clean with the deep pore brush, what cleanser are you using?

I use mine a few times a week/once a day, switching between the sensitive/delicate head and using the deep pore once a week and feel clean. Using Philosophy made simple cleanser.

Haven't tried the acne brush, have acne-prone sensitive skin.

Best thing with acne is not to over exfoliate. Also remeber to wash your heads with anti-bac soap :smileyhappy:

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

But maybe with winter coming, I should give the Sensitive brush a try again...

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

I use Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser.

I know my face is cleaner with the Deep Pore bc since using it, I don't see any dirt or grime on a cotton round with my toner.

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts

Kate and Clarisonic are both exfoliates which could be overdoing. Someone mentioned the other day, on a different post, a foaming cleanser interferes with the sonic technology to effectively clean..could be why your seeing dirt on the cotton round.

TrysBeautyItems

(0) Hearts
pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

The cleanser I use does foam up a little, but it's more of a rich lather then a bubbly foam.

I use Kate's Exfolikate Acne twice a week.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

WHy are you using Exfolikate twice a week & the Deep Pore Clarisonic 4x a week? That is exfoliation overload, no wonder your skin is freaking out. Also the Kate Somerville Daily Detox Cleanser has SLS, which does cause foaming. 

I would use Exfolikate 2x a week & the clarisonic 2x a week... no more. 

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

Is Exfolikate something I should phase out?

Should I still switch to the Sensitive brush head?

DTalksAll

I put the deep pore brush in the same category as an exfoliator. So you can still use the Exfolikate, but don't use the two at the same time, and only use the two 2-3x a week. 

Overexfoliating causes a lot more harm, than underexfoliating. So cut back on the deep pore brush & cut down on overall use of the clarisonic. I know the directions say to use it daily, but you really only need to use it a few times a week. 

Another tip I learned here on BT is to wash your face first with your regular cleanser & then use the clarisonic with just water. You want it to clean your pores & exfoliate dead skin cells. If you have makeup on, then it may push it deeper into your pores. IDK if this is accurate or not, but I know a few people on here who do it this way. 

pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

I usually put the face wash on my face and then wet my Clarisonic and use it, then rinse. Is just using water more gentle?

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

THe Acne brush head is softer then the delicate. 

How often are you using your Clarisonic? I use mine 3x a week & use the sensitive head twice & the deep pore one time. 

If you're using the deep pore to often, you could be over exfoliating which would cause you to break out. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • aviscardi
    • pinktorridora
    • carolang
    • Nicrohr
    • bluenun456