trucie

Caveman Regimen

[ Edited ]

Have anyone ever tried or heard about the Caveman Regimen?

Basically, this is how the theory goes:

Your skin has something called an "acid mantle". It's job is to act as a thin layer of your skin to prevent the entrance and infection of microorganisms. Because we are constantly slathering our skin in various treatments, this tosses our acid mantle way out to balance; and in turn, our skin retaliates with more imperfections. The theory is, if nothing touches your face, your acid mantle will return to normal, and you'll be left with perfect skin. (Yes, even water can throw our acid mantle out of balance.)

It's kinda a rave on ********. Many people have tried and said that works for them. I wonder too?!

jellybean917

Re: Caveman Regimen

Yeah, and we shouldn't brush our teeth or wash our hair either. Deodorant? Not for this cavewoman! ;-) (just kidding)

DoctorsMrs

@trucie,

If you decide to try it please let us know how it works out. 

P.S.  We love pictures

trucie

No, I don't plan to try out lol but this girl did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb8lo93s1W8

krunce

I don't think we know very much about cavemen. All the Caveman ____ regimens/diets kinda freak me out...

LCResz

If we still lived like cavemen I might buy the premise, but the world has moved on. First, our diets are NOTHING like that of our neanderthal or cro-magnon predecessors. Secondly, our ozone layer, and thus our exposure to UVA and UVB, has been altered. Finally, our life expectancies are higher than that of an average caveperson. 

Once upon a time people thought if they didn't bathe it would keep evil spirits out, and well you saw how the Black Death panned out for about one third of Europe. Fads will come and go, but I like how I currently smell and look thanks to all the stuff I slather on myself :smileyhappy: The day people stop telling me I look way younger than my age I might consider not using all of it, but 'til then I shall help keep Sephora in business!

trucie

(0) Hearts

They said to use Non-Comedogenic sunscreen. I don't know. I'm just wondering if anyone ever hear or try it

lylysa

With the information presented, it doesn't stand to factor in the fact of pollutants, environmental aggressors, free radicals, UV rays, and other external factors for beating our skin.

Yes, what we may apply may alter our pH levels, but the mass population isn't born with perfectly balanced skin for our acid mantle to maintain. Often time we experience dryness, sensitivities, oil, and more, so if the acid mantle is there to "protect", it's not doing anything to treat and balance. 

The minimalistic approach such as the Caveman theory/regimen is one with good intention, but honestly doesn't hold much ground today. I'm not saying one must slather on and hoard products on one's skin, but not treating and addressing issues frankly won't make them go away or fix themselves either.

nebel

Exactly.  I'd also be willing to bet that why people feel that this works is that they were using too many/too harsh products to begin with so when they switch to nothing they do see an improvement.   Also, it seems that "nothing on your face" would mean no makeup, which wouldn't go over too well with many of us :smileywink:

melde

Heh, I'm not sure I want to look (or smell) like a caveman. If you try it, be sure to keep us updated on your progress!

prettyinpa

Sounds a bit extreme!  I'd hate to think what my skin would look like if I didn't use cleanser or at least water. I don't think the unwashed dirty face look would be flattering to me, lol.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 54 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • aviscardi
    • lylysa
    • unblownkisses
    • ChicDabbler