trucie

Caveman Regimen

[ Edited ]

Have anyone ever tried or heard about the Caveman Regimen?

Basically, this is how the theory goes:

Your skin has something called an "acid mantle". It's job is to act as a thin layer of your skin to prevent the entrance and infection of microorganisms. Because we are constantly slathering our skin in various treatments, this tosses our acid mantle way out to balance; and in turn, our skin retaliates with more imperfections. The theory is, if nothing touches your face, your acid mantle will return to normal, and you'll be left with perfect skin. (Yes, even water can throw our acid mantle out of balance.)

It's kinda a rave on ********. Many people have tried and said that works for them. I wonder too?!

Londonlover101

Re: Caveman Regimen

(0) Hearts

I finished it yesterday after I finally couldn't resit and put some concealer on my acne but overall I didn't really see a difference for the better doing this regimen but I do agree on cutting down makeup and products but a few things I can't live without! thanks for doing this post though it was really creative and fun to try out :smileyvery-happy:

Londonlover101

omg im sorry ive missed a few diary's but here it is for day four- so far my skin is clear, my acne muted, but my underye circles prominent and dark purple :smileysad: im happy with my overall skin tone but upset with my undereyes.

Londonlover101

(0) Hearts

Im going to try this today is my first day and Im going to do this all the way until next sunday I will keep y'all posted on how it works btw good morning :smileyhappy:

unblownkisses

(0) Hearts

My boyfriend basically does this just out of ignorance, and he has ridiculously good skin (although I worry about his lack of SPF). Am I willing to do it? Hell no, for reasons of sunscreen alone.

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

That sounds pretty cool, but really hard too. On average, people touch their face about 10 times a day without even thinking about it and realizing that they did. It would be extremely difficult to have nothing touch your face. And for me, it's kinda impossible because I have to touch my eye area to put in contacts in the morning. But I wonder if it actually works, it sounds really interesting.

neko333

(0) Hearts

I was reading about it. It's more about not picking at your skin then barley touching it. However I'm sure the more hands off you are the better. 

neko333

I'm seriously thinking about it. I just don't know if I can do it for a month. I might try a week and see how I feel and go from there. I'm only thinking about this because I had near perfect skin in the beginning of my teenage years. However as I began to treat it's gotten worse instead of better. I figure it can't hurt.

tashalicious

i've never actually seen a pic of a caveman's skin, just drawings, i would have to see proof that they actually had perfect skin.

lovebird411

(0) Hearts

haha

ChicDabbler

[ Edited ]

lol, if nothing touches your face. This sounds very hypothetical. Even a room that no one goes to gathers dust over time. I'm pretty sure that, unless you are in an isolation cell at a medical ward, your skin encounter a ton of dust, bacteria etc as you go about your day. What do you do then? o.O

If even water throws it out of balance, does that mean you can't step out in the rain? (can I please use that as an excuse to get out of work? "sorry, I don't want to destroy my acid mantle"). =P

I can understand washing with only water. In any case, I'm too obsessed with skincare to try this, lol. If I do this then what about my 100+ skincare products? 

tashalicious

(0) Hearts

give em to me!!  :smileyvery-happy:

trucie

(0) Hearts

Hey, it's not me suggest anyone to do that.

I myself don't think it's gonna work either.

I read it, I just think it's a interesting topic that's why I reposted it up, I didn't make it up.

Don't take it too serious.

caramiaow

It's true that our skin has an acid mantle, but that doesn't mean you should stop washing your face.  I mean, have you ever seen a caveman?  Me neither.  We don't know how their skin really looked - they could have been covered in wrinkles and had pores the size of Jupiter for all we know.  Unless some one can go back in time and show me thousands of cavemen with flawless skin, I'm not buying it.

Instead of giving up washing your face, try to use products with the same pH as your skin (which ranges from 4.5 to 6.2, but ideally should be 5.5).  Buy some pH testing strips and try to find products with a pH of about 5.5!  For products that are too thick (like cleansers and creams), mix them with a little bit of distilled water first.

jinxski

(0) Hearts

Wait so how long would you do this for? Consistently not washing would drive me crazy!

I've heard of the Caveman diet too, maybe I could try both in conjunction and see what happens one day.

Lee9

(0) Hearts

Obviously, you can only do this if you don't wear makeup. I'm sure it works better in certain living environments as opposed to others.

If your area has very polluted air, it probably wouldn't work. You need to wash that filth off.

It depends on a wide variety of different circumstances, and not everyone can manipulate everything about their lives to go about this regime.

Personally, I just listen to my skin. Sometimes I *need* to wash it, sometimes I'll go days just using water and a wash cloth. Other things I do are cleansing with oils, or I'll cleanse with honey/baking soda.... there are lots of different things I do, all depending on what my skin needs at the moment. I'll go days without letting even water touch my skin.

Just listen to your skin. Some people need a big regime, others do not.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I guess it depends on the person? i like to let my skin breathe on the weekends, but i still cleanse twice, tone twice and moisturize once at night.  When i was younger i didn't do anything to it and it was very oily

trucie

(0) Hearts

There are many reviews online, so  I went to youtube, this girl did it & I went to her blog, I can clearly see how much her skin is improved. It impresses me, but I live in Houston, I'm not willing to try lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb8lo93s1W8

DesertRose0706

this is a very interesting theory.  All I know is that when I do nothing to my face, I get serious breakouts that hurt and look disgusting.  When I take time to wash my face and apply various products my breakouts are kept under control and I am much happier :smileyhappy:

DTalksAll

IDK about this... I've gone on 3 week excursion hikes without soap, makeup, moisturizer, SPF... and came back with my skin looking worse than ever. 

roxystar4

i agree with a lot of the posts- would love someone to try this out and report back! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 54 hearts
  • 23 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • DTalksAll
    • aviscardi
    • lylysa
    • unblownkisses
    • ChicDabbler