Answer
arofrac
Accepted Solution
Break out after getting eyebrows done...
I've been getting my eyebrows done since I was 12, but I hadn't had any issues with breaking out because of it until I turned about 18 (Now, I hardly break out at all...until I get my eyebrows done). Now I'm 20 and, two years later, I'm still breaking out EVERY time I get them waxed, threaded, or even tweezed. I have small, red white heads in the area around my eyebrows (mostly above and on either side; not so much underneath them). I've tried cleansing right after and applying spot treatments, asking the person who does them to not apply the oils afterwards, and even switching up my skin care regimen. What is going on? It's so frustrating because by the time I clear up, it's time to get them done again. Any advice?
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
lovexanita
Answered
[ Edited ]

Oh my goodness, I had the same problem. I'm 21 right now, and everytime I get my eyebrows done I always get whiteheads! What I've been told is that when a hair is plucked, bacteria can get in and cause your pores to become clogged, therefore causing you to get whiteheads or pimples there. Also, I have sensitive skin so I have redness lingering there too. 

What I do is apply a toner that gets rid of the bacteria, like Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion. It also contains alcohol, which is why I don't use it on my face or for anything else EXCEPT my eyebrow area. After that I put on neosporin and it kills the bacteria and infection, leaving me whitehead-free! So I would definitely give this regimen a try. It's simple and cost effective (:

arofrac
(0) Hearts
Thank you so much! I'm actually getting my eyebrows done tomorrow so I'll try this out :-)

The neosporin doesn't make you break out at all? And how many days after getting my eyebrows done should I do this for?

Nobody ever has any advice for this issue. I'm so happy right now.
lovexanita
(0) Hearts
Well I only put on neosporin RIGHT AFTER i get my eyebrows done, and after the toner. So I wouldn't advise using the neosporin after you have a possible breakout, because it could make it worse. Usually the toner does it for me though, and neosporin is an added bonus to help my breakouts, but if you do breakout, I would advise just putting on some medicated treatments with salicylic acid. Sulfur helps too. I have the DDF sulfur therapeutic mask and it does wonders for my skin. But it's kind of pricey, so I wouldn't get it just for your eyebrows. It would be more cost efficient if you had breakouts elsewhere too. But look into salicylic acid or the products with sulfur like I mentioned. Hopefully this will work for you :smileyhappy: Wish you all the best girl!
arofrac
(0) Hearts
You are amazing. This new regimen actually worked. I've gotten my eyebrows done twice and no break outs!!!
Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • lovexanita
    • jadorezrg
    • arofrac
    • maryellenr
    • rosa7196