Accepted Solution
Break out after getting eyebrows done...
I've been getting my eyebrows done since I was 12, but I hadn't had any issues with breaking out because of it until I turned about 18 (Now, I hardly break out at all...until I get my eyebrows done). Now I'm 20 and, two years later, I'm still breaking out EVERY time I get them waxed, threaded, or even tweezed. I have small, red white heads in the area around my eyebrows (mostly above and on either side; not so much underneath them). I've tried cleansing right after and applying spot treatments, asking the person who does them to not apply the oils afterwards, and even switching up my skin care regimen. What is going on? It's so frustrating because by the time I clear up, it's time to get them done again. Any advice?
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Answered
[ Edited ]

Oh my goodness, I had the same problem. I'm 21 right now, and everytime I get my eyebrows done I always get whiteheads! What I've been told is that when a hair is plucked, bacteria can get in and cause your pores to become clogged, therefore causing you to get whiteheads or pimples there. Also, I have sensitive skin so I have redness lingering there too. 

What I do is apply a toner that gets rid of the bacteria, like Clinique Acne Solutions Clarifying Lotion. It also contains alcohol, which is why I don't use it on my face or for anything else EXCEPT my eyebrow area. After that I put on neosporin and it kills the bacteria and infection, leaving me whitehead-free! So I would definitely give this regimen a try. It's simple and cost effective (:

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 5 in conversation