autobiographer

Blackheads

What are your favorite products for removing blackheads and clogged pores?

DTalksAll

Re: Blackheads

- Once a week, clarisonic deep pore brush

- PTR retino fusion PM/ invigorating night gel (alternate)

- AmorePacific Treatment Enzyme Peel- eats away at dead skin cells well. It's non abrasive, the powder turns into a lather with no manual exfoliation

- Once a week, or once every other week GlamGlow 

iamaprettylady

(0) Hearts

Lately I've been doing the Philosophy peel that was linked earlier, followed by a Biore pore strip. The peel seems to help draw out the gunk, and the pore strip finishes the work. I have VERY resilient skin, that seems like it would damage sensitive skin.

I want to try the Origins charcoal mask now!!!

krunce

I'm so glad that the replies here are suggesting clay and charcoal based masks and non abrasive exfolliators.

My recommendation: do not use an extractor! I'm sure professionals do a wonderful job at using these, but if you have a habit of picking your pimples, this is like crack. And the after effects are bad. I've permanently blown up the pores on my cheeks because of an extractor and I really regret it :smileysad:

autobiographer

(0) Hearts

Thanks for all the suggestions! I really appreciate them all so much! 

alkapassi

(0) Hearts

can you please provide link to

Philosophy microdelivery peel ?

kd006

onomotopoeia9

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask is so so so amazing - its my go-to miracle product.

Also, biore has these face strips that really work that you can buy in a drug store. Boscia also makes, but I don't think they really work.

kd006

Philosophy microdelivery peel. It's meant to be a 1-2 times a week treatment. i did it yesterday and my pores are so clean. You should buy it in the kit that comes with their moisturizer and face wash. then you can try a lot of their products and it's for a good price.

Also on a pampering night I like to use biore pore strips. These shouldn't be used very often because they are bad for the skin, but it's amazing how much gunk comes out of your pores when you use it!!

I also agree with moregun about the perricone MD blue plasma, but I don't think this will clear out your pores to the extent you want. it is a nice peel to make your skin soft but I would not say it unclogs your pores. With that said, I do LOVE the product, so don't think I'm discouraging you from buying it! I couldn't live without it in my skincare regimen.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I still have the micro delivery peel and never used it like a mask. Partly because i dont like the feeling lol but also because ive had it for over a year and forgot. How long do you leave it on?

catherineu2

Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask to Clear Pores = AMAZING!

MoreGun89

I love a weekly mask for this!  I highly recommend Tarte's Amazonian Clay Double Detox, it has a strong pull, and some built in exfoliation, and for a 5 week treatment it's affordable.  Otherwise a gentle exfoliation every few days helps, the Philosophy Micro Exfoliator thing is my preference.  Also a gentle peel every so often does help, I just tried a sample of the PerriconeMD blue peel, it's expensive for the whole bottle, but it seemed fairly effective and smelled good!  Also before you do any of these things, steam your face to open the pores, the easiest method is to shower beforehand as this will allow you to cleanse as well, happy hunting! :smileyhappy:

autobiographer

got it recently and I've used the first week's treatment. I really love it so far! super effective. thanks so much for the suggestion! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • aviscardi
    • catherineu2
    • MoreGun89
    • onomotopoeia9
    • autobiographer