Best skincare routine for acne?

What is the BEST routine that actually gets rid of acne. I have tried everything from Neutrogena to the Clarisonic and nothing has worked. The suggested products could either be high end or drugstore. I have teen acne and combination/oily skin. Thank you so much for helping!

Answers: 2
Answered
(0) Hearts

I would check out acne.org and look at their recommended steps for clearing acne. They have their own line of products and they also recommend other products you can find at drugstores. I haven't personally tried it, but I've heard great things about it.

My only other suggestion is to check out Murad's line if you haven't already. They have a couple of acne kits that are reasonably priced with a bunch of different treatments you can try. The first one is a 30 day kit but you get more products to try (albeit smaller sizes). The second one is your basic acne kit with larger size products.

http://www.sephora.com/acne-complex-30-day-kit-P375135?skuId=1440841

http://www.sephora.com/acne-complex-kit-P6620?skuId=754754

Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Exfoliating is KEY! AND staying far away from sugar in all forms from ketchup to fruit juice to desserts. Hard but true unless it hormonal. 

I've recently discovered to my utter happy surprise and astonishment the chemical exfoliants work like a charm for me in getting rid of pimples and breakouts that start to appear on my face. Particularly First Aid Beauty Radiance Facial Pads and Tatcha's Gentle Rice Powder Enzyme Wash (every other day, skip a week and then go again) have worked amazingly like magic! When the tout that exfoliants get rid of old skin cells they mean it! When I see a breakout starting to occur I just wipe my face with a quarter pad of FAB's Radiance Facial Pads (I don't even need a 1/2 or a full pad, I'm sensitive so I try to use as little product as possible and it still works!) and they start to go! I just do that for a couple of days and BANG they don't even develop they just GO!! It's Ah-Ma-Zing!!! On a regular basis I like to interchange Tatcha's enzyme powder wash and FAB's pads every other week, every other day. And that works out great for keeping them away. That and not eating sugar! BUT I've been VERY sloppy these days and have been eating too many cookies (just 2 little cookies is enough for me to break out) and sloppy with not keeping to my exfoliating regime and if that happens I use the FAB pads 3 days in a row to get rid of them. 

Also note that I found scrubbing or even rubbing when my skin was very sensitive to acne over many years was the WORST thing for it. I had to be very careful never to do that so I wouldn't break out. So using any mechanical exfoliating scrubs or a Clarisonic was out of the question. Now I can use a mechanical scrub and my gentle Tatcha enzyme powder but not the Clarisonic on a regular basis. I also had to be careful not to use clay face mask as that would give me terrible acne breakouts or even just the everyday oatmeal ask would do the same thing. Something about them draws out every pore in my skin giving me acne! Horrible! Also, drinking loads of water helped too to cleanse out my pores. Never underestimate water. The true fount of youth! Also, I've heard rave reviews of Murad's Clarifying Cleanser with 1.5% Salicylic Acid working wonders on acneic skin. Or you can try Paula's Choice Clear Skin Regular Strength Acne Kit or Clear Skin Extra Strength Kit OR Murad's Acne Complex 30-Day Kit. Look at YouTube video's on skincare routine's for acneic skin for great ideas of products that help. They were a real learning curve for me! 

I hope this helps. And good luck. I know what it feels like as I've had acne all my adult like until I discovered these key things. And believe me it's no fun never growing out of acne. The scars on my brown skin. As brown skin leaves black scars. Humf! So I hope this helps! Smiley Happy s1309608-main-grid.jpgs1716398-main-grid.jpgs1101450-main-hero-300.jpgs1265404-main-hero-300.jpg

Question Stats
Photos4
  • s1309608-main-grid.jpg
  • s1716398-main-grid.jpg
  • s1101450-main-hero-300.jpg
  • s1265404-main-hero-300.jpg