emas1234

Best skin care brand and products for moderate acne

(0) Hearts

Among these skin care lines, which is the best for mild-moderate acne, red skin, a few acne scars, and dehydrated...Philosophy, Boscia, Kate Somerville, Origins, Dermalogica, Avene, or something else that you use. Which are the best products within the brand?

beatlebruin

Re: Best skin care brand and products for moderate acne

(0) Hearts

Emas1234, I swear by Avene products! My friend introduced me to the brand only last year and I love everything I've used, from the Cleanance Soap-Free Gel cleanser to the light and SPF moisturizers. I've used Origins, Philosophy, and Dermalogica -- as well as other brands like Kiehls, Clinique, Bliss, etc. -- but none are as gentle and healing on acne and redness prone skin as Avene. However, I don't think the brand addresses scars.

I highly recommend you try Avene exclusively (cleanser, moisturizer, SPF) to get results at least regarding your redness, acne, and dehydration problem.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Dermalogica is very well known professional brand and used alot in upper salons and spas, they do have a very awsome line for everything you described as being wrong with your skin. I don't think that you would go wrong in any way choosing dermalogica's skin care routine.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

hmmmm.....Philosophy is good for acne but it's so chemical-y and not natural that I'm afraid it might irritate your skin (red skin). I've tried Boscia and really liked it, it's lightweight and refreshing, but I think it would be better for oily or oily combo skin than dry skin. I would recommend Origins Perfect World/brighter by nature lines, they are hydrating, non-irritating and helps with mild/occasional acne/red skin. I'm using the Perfect World moisturizer with Brighter by Nature peel, but for occasional acne/whitehead I use Murad clarifying mask.

I've heard Kate Somerville is good for acne and anti-aging, but it's expensive. I don't know anything about Dermalogica or Avene.

cherrybombtastic

(0) Hearts

Since I use a variety of products, I will just choose from the ones you have listed. From experience, I think Philosophy and Origins are good for moderate acne. If you look at Philosophy's products, for the most part, the skincare line isn't dry, except for the pads that are included, so take that with a grain of salt. As for Origins, I really love their toner and super spot remover acne treatment gel. That, along with my Clarisonic with acne brush head, really helps with my acne scars. My skin went from severe acne to moderate acne, and I now have to take care of just light scars. And Origins has different toners, so if one doesn't work out for you, you can try others. I hope this helps and good luck!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • ChicDabbler
    • emas1234
    • beautylovingirl
    • beatlebruin