Answer
missconduct
Best products for Cystic Acne?

Greetings all.   I come before you with hope that someone will have a suggestion as to what over the counter treatment may work well for cystic acne?  I have seen a dermatologist for this, and they prescribed Retin-A as treatment.  However, it dried my skin out so bad that I had to discontinue after a month's use.  To get that prescription was like pulling teeth from the dermatologist, because she flat out told me that I should just go on birth control and that will solve all of my cystic acne issues. However, at this point - birth control as a form of acne treatment is not an option due to the fact that my gynecologist wants me off of it as an experiment to see if I can rid myself of other female symptoms.   

Basically...to make a very long story short, I am at my wits end.

I understand the fact that nothing is truly going to rid me of my cystic acne, but I would be so happy to find a product that would at least shrink the ones I have a little faster, that way they aren't as painful for so long.  I spend most of my day on the phone, and nearly 10 times a day, I'm banging the receiver into my jaw and it hits a cyst and it makes me want to cry! 

As it stands now, I'm using Philosophy's Purity Made Simple, and their new On A Clear Day acne face wash.   For moisturizer, I've been using Fresh's Umbrian Clay Oil Free moisturizer.   As for spot treatment, I have PTR Acne Spot Treatment.  However, I don't feel as though this combination is aiding in riding myself of my usual acne, nor aiding in the healing of my cystic acne.

I'd be ever so happy for any suggestions ya'll might have!  Thank you!

- Jessica

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Luluskinguru183
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

There are a lot of different kinds of vitamins that can help your skin, like vitamin A, vitamin B and zinc. But vitamins aren't the only things you'll need to achieve healthy clear skin.

Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 22 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • missconduct
    • elizbeth1972
    • ChicDabbler
    • kssweetheart
    • makeupobesessed
    • nug1015
    • SissyBB