Answer
strawberrytarte
Best Product for Acne Scars, please VOTE!

I have really bad acne scars beginning from when I was a teenager (about 10 years ago) until about a year ago from my adult acne, I finally have it under control and would like to start mitigating the scars, but I am unfamiliar with the products. If you have used any of these products, please let me know which is best for lightening acne scars:

Claudalie Vinoperfect Skin Radiance Serum

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?categoryId=A17&id=P94421

Bliss Triple Oxygen Energizing Mask:

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?categoryId=A17&id=P165448#BVRRWidgetID

Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?categoryId=A17&id=P203616#BVRRWidgetID

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 9
kssweetheart
Answered

My sister has been using some products by Dr Dennis Gross, which target dark spots & acne scars. She had also tried Clinique Dark Spot...can't think of the name..but, it says it for dark spots, acne scars, aging etc. Neither one has helped very much, but , she's sticking with them to see if they help over the long haul. She's tried others but they weren't great either(sorry don't remember what brands) That is a tough  problem to correct. Please let me know how you make out, what suggestions come in and how things work for you, okay? I'd appreciate it. Much luck

toosheerforme
Answered
Hi! I've tried all 3, and I have the same situation as you. I'm about 10 yrs deep into the acne war. Finally have a handle on (phew!) and am now dealing with the scars. The Caudelie, I didn't like AT ALL. It would've taken another 10 yrs to make a slight dent in the scars. I'm sure it would've worked if I felt like taking the slow road, but I wanted faster results. It did nothing in a month. Nothing. Like putting water on my face. And for that price, no thanks. The Bliss, was okay. Better than Caudelie, but nothing great. Probably good for the girls who get a pimple and freak out about it. I used it for about two weeks and went back to sephora for something better. The ren... Not the best of their product line. If your goin to go the ren route, you have to get the whole line up and be dedicated. The serum, the moisturizer and the mask. Use it religiously. It's just ok. I didn't re-buy. What worked for me is this: Pm: Clairsonic. Everyday. No skipping. -Philosophy miracle worker pads religiously. (the corrector works well too. But nothing has helped more than those pads. And ive tried EVERYTHING (the Dennis Gross peel, the Brazilian peel, pericone, murad, ptr, kate sommerville, dermalogica, ole henrickson, boscia, etc etc). Now I'm loving the philosophy triple oxygen mask/peel once a week. Really works well! Good luck!! It will get better! Mine has improved so much after just 1 jar of those miracle worker pads.
tiffanybt
Answered

strawberrytarte wrote:

I have really bad acne scars beginning from when I was a teenager (about 10 years ago) until about a year ago from my adult acne, I finally have it under control and would like to start mitigating the scars, but I am unfamiliar with the products. If you have used any of these products, please let me know which is best for lightening acne scars:

Claudalie Vinoperfect Skin Radiance Serum

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?categoryId=A17&id=P94421

Bliss Triple Oxygen Energizing Mask:

http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?categoryId=A17&id=P165448#BVRRWidgetID

Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?categoryId=A17&id=P203616#BVRRWidgetID

Hi strawberrytarte. Those three products are all amazing for brightening and lightening acne scars. Using a mask will help improve your overall skintone, but if you're looking for something that will give you a faster result, serums are often more potent and can be used in conjunction with a mask. With that said, the Caudalie Vinoperfect Skin Radiance Serum will help reduce the appearance of and eventually fade discoloration. Based on your concerns, I would also recommend the REN Mask to pair with the serum. Both products will help fade discoloration.

I answered a similar question in this thread you may find helpful. :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Tiffany

P.S. Don't forget to use a sunscreen to prevent the scars from resurfacing.

maryjold
Answered

I have not used any of the products you listed.  However, I have struggled with moderate to severe acne since I was 15.  For scarring, the best solution is a chemical peel done by a dermatologist.  When I was 19-21, I used to go in to my dermatologist's office every 4 weeks for a chemical peel (that was about 20 years ago so things have changed).  They would prep my skin, put on a thick, smell mask, take the mask back off then use glycolic acid.  I had to build up increments of time (no more than 5 minutes).  It would burn (but not be painful).  My face would be red for 3 days like a very severe sunburn and I'm a red head so it was always dramatic.  Within 5 treatments, my freckles were diminishing.  After doing this for 2 + years, my freckles were completely removed off my face and all the acne scars were gone.  It doesn't take very long to get results.  In fact, with the development of peels/lasers, it might take less time than I experienced.  The chemical peels also help to control cell turnover and they shrink your visible pores.  Your skin will be super smooth and you will experience less frequent breakouts. 

I would suggest that you shop it around.  I know there are a host of creams, serums etc for lightening scars but those results are going to take longer and you must remember your sunscreen every day.  It took almost 10 years for my freckles to come back and none of my original horrific scars ever resurfaced.  Well worth the expense.   Also, estheticians can do peels as well but not at the same strength that requires a doctor's supervision.  This is another option and usually less expensive however, because of the reduced strength in the peel, it will take a few sessions longer to achieve the same results. Good luck.

catscantalk
Answered
(0) Hearts

actually would reccomend using boscias whitening mask paired with exfolikate ! worked great for me ... but make sure you wear sunscreen in the meantime , would also reccomend looking for products containing vitamin c and e

sexyangel
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

You have to use a good exfoliater that gets rid of dead layers, they peel away the darkness in the spot.

http://tvofferspoducts.com/Proactiv

proactiv.jpg

jellymonster
Answered
(0) Hearts

I think you should grab a sample of Koress Brightening Sleeping Facial! Also, expoliate at least once a week to resurface new skin! And look for cleansers with healing properties. Honestly, I love Sibu Beautys Sea Buckthorn soap. It is not sold in Sephora online or in stores but its a 5 dollar facial bar that really works great! Look it up. 

ameax
Answered
(0) Hearts

I can't believe no one has mentioned Murad Rapid Age Spot & Pigment lightening serum.  It's 2% hydroquinone, the highest percent over the counter... if you go to a dermatologist, they will most likely prescribe you something with that ingredient.... it's the gold star for dark spots.  not for use if you are pregnant though.  works so fast, too.  you'll see results in as little as 2 weeks.

dianabt
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hello strawberrytarte, 

I've personally had great experience using the Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum on my scars and dark marks, but I also paired it with a cleansing and exfoliating mask that removed dead skin cells and buildup so that the serum would penetrate on the damaged skin cells on its own. That being said, you may want to combine the Ren mask with a serum (as Tiffany suggested) or even try an exfoliator that's gentle for everyday use with a brightening moisturizer or mask to use a few times a week. I hope whichever products you decide with that you are happy with them and I wish you luck!

Don't forget you are always welcome to visit a store and a cast member will be happy to provide you with a few samples. :smileyhappy: You can view our store locator here. Enjoy! 

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Question Stats
  • 9 answers
  • 9 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • paigeypaige
    • jellymonster
    • ameax
    • tiffanybt
    • dianabt
    • catscantalk
    • lylysa