LorCaProfe

Best Primer for Sensitive, Combination Acne-Prone Skin?

Hello, I was wondering which recommendations you have for a makeup primer for extremely sensitive, acne prone skin. I have an nose, but the rest of my face gets extremely dry.

I have tried makeup products with salicylic acid, but these dry out my skin so much that my face begins to flake off! Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe the Skin Transformer, Hourglass Mineral primer, and have heard good things about Porefessional...what do you think? 

Roselysa

Re: Best Primer for Sensitive, Combination Acne-Prone Skin?

(0) Hearts

Hey! I seem to have the same issues as you when it comes to acne targeted primers. I had used Kat Von D's rehab priming elixir which was great for dry areas but my nose and chin seemed to just get really oily throughout the day. I hated the smashbox one for blemish prone skin (I liked the one glossyguru suggested--the green really helps hide redness).

Now I faithfully use the hourglass mineral primer which has a great feel to it and smooths out pimples so they can be covered much more easily. Make sure that you're moisturizing properly under the primer though so as to avoid unnecessary dry patches (even though I haven't had that problem with the primer I could see how that could potentially happen!). Try philosophy's take a deep breath or if you're into a more naturalistic approach, I've really become fond of PTR's squalane--the oilless oil. It really seems to have helped my acne, too.

Hope this helps! Good luck :]

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I have sensitive and *kinda* acne prone skin and I can NOT use primers with silicone.   Oily during the day in T zone, and normal to dry in other areas.  

Most primers are actually too "smothering" for me and trap bacteria next to my skin, don't allow it to breathe, or clog my pores :smileysad:.

I also have combo skin, and flakes in dry area.

Below is a discussion of some primers I've tried recently, I hope this helps you!!!

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Face/Silicone-Free-Primers-esp-for-LONG-WEAR/m-p/708839#M8211

AmelieLandry

(0) Hearts

I'm all of those things except combination (I'm an oil slick all over) and I've had great luck with the Revlon Colorstay/Photoready primer. I've worn it alone and only with concealer and it's never broken me out.

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

If you have acne prone skin, I would use the Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting Primer. It is tinted green so it gets rid of any redness, and it fights breakouts.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • AmelieLandry
    • glossyguru
    • Roselysa
    • LorCaProfe
    • Nicrohr