Answer
rockandrollmann
Bacne

I have struggled with acne for about a year now and it has severely made me withdrawal from my friends and family. My face acne isn't my main issue,,, it's my back. I have stubborn bacne that won't go away. Any affordable suggestions? I have a dermatologist appt. on the 22nd of august but i go to the beach on the 4th:smileysad:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 4
ChicDabbler
Answered

ouch, sorry to hear that. There are a lot of gorgeous sheer chiffon bikini cover ups with pretty patterns on them, put them on and no one will know.

Using an acne body wash helps, and using one of those body brush with long handles to exfoliate occasionally (every other week or something) helps.

Lastly but more importantly, do you have oily hair? I had really big/painful acne on back of neck and upper back for a while and it was because of my oily hair. They were gone once I started wearing my hair up. =X

cherrybombtastic
Answered

I don't think there's an immediate solution for your acne on your back. What you can do is buy a mesh jacket to wear over your bikini or halter top if swimwear is your main concern in exposing your back. If you wear something like mesh, the pattern will distract the acne on your back. I don't think using a body wash made for acne will immediately solve your problem, but for now you can purchase the Neutrogena body wash for acne or the Murad body wash. Murad has a Clarifying Body Spray for acne. I hope that helps until your dermatologist appointment! Good luck!

makeupobesessed
Answered
(0) Hearts
I occasionally have this issue if I'm sweating from gym. To help this I use neutrogena body scrub for acne from a drug store, pretty cheap, and a body scrubby that's long so I can scrub my own back. I also use the Murad spray for body acne, it sprays upside down so you can also do this yourself. It's a tad pricey at $30 or so, but it works. For me, I don't need it so often, so a bottle will last a few months.there may be a cheaper option at at Sephora, but I know the Murad works.
strmysony
Answered
(0) Hearts

I have acne and get breakouts on my chest and shoulders from time to time. I started washing these breakouts with my face cleanser.

These are the cleansers I've tried that have helped:

PTR Anti-Aging Cleansing Gel, DDF Pumice Acne Scrub (discontinued?) and PTR Blemish Buffing Beads. 

Other products I've heard are effective are: Mario Badescu's AHA Botanical Body Soap and their Citrus Body Cleanser and their line of Body Toners. 

One thing to remember is to cleanse the erupted areas first and then use a fine milled scrub if you need to. Otherwise you will spread the breakout. Also, Benzoyl Peroxide in stronger doses is easier for you body to handle than your face. Hope this helps:smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • strmysony
    • cherrybombtastic
    • ChicDabbler
    • makeupobesessed
    • rockandrollmann