bowlofmushypeas

Back acne

This might seem like a weird question, but has anyone tried facial masks for back acne? I've struggled with this problem for so long. It's not terrible, but nothing seems to work!

bowlofmushypeas

Re: Back acne

(0) Hearts

Another thing I thought of is that for me, acne is distributed mostly on shoulder blades and horizontally below that upper middle back groove. So, it spares the upper mid-back and my lower back. I've never thought about it before, but is this the pattern others have been experiencing also? That'd be interesting!

I sleep with different shirts every night, but it makes me wonder if the pressure on those areas is what cases back acne in the first place!

kenny

(0) Hearts

That is definitely likely! Also I found sometimes I get those where my bra sits, which I think is due to the bra keeping sweat and dirt trapped on my skin there. Another thing I found was whenever I used any hair oil (argan, moroccan, grape seed), it had a tendency to cause breakouts wherever my hair touched my skin.

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

I don't know what your body type is, but I stopped wearing bras unless the outfit is thin enough to show **bleep**.  Helped immensely as well, and strengthens some back muscles :smileyhappy:

bowlofmushypeas

(0) Hearts

Haha, love it! I'm not well-endowed, which is one reason to wear bras! 

kenny

(0) Hearts

Unfortunately (well, in this case) I am pretty well-endowed and I really can't imagine going without

EmilyDoer

(0) Hearts

Thanks.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

Hey there!

I've had this problem crop up on a couple of occasions, and do a couple things to prevent it. Like some of the others suggested, definitely rinse your shampoo and conditioner out BEFORE washing your skin. I've had shampoos with a lot of oils in them do some crazy clogging of pores in my skin! Another tip is if you work out- as soon as you are done, change out of sweaty clothing as soon as possible, and then shower as soon as possible. As your body cools down, your pores start to shrink and trap the sweat/oil in your pores. 

I also use a lesser expensive exfoliating wash (Neutrogena) with salicylic acid in it on areas I know I'm likely to break out. Never personally tried a mask, but if it's safe for your face, it should be safe for your back!

redrose04

(0) Hearts

you can shampoo and conditioner first then wash your body. then your diet like butter or any fatty foods avoid that. If you want lemon juice that's my treatment for acne face and body, just put on the pimple and the following day it will start to dry then you can repeat it, depends how big it is.

bowlofmushypeas

(0) Hearts

I do use the Murad spray and like it. It's still too early to say how well it works but it feels great!

I've also thought about the PTR washes as well as the Murad one. While they both get great reviews, I do wonder how different they are from the much cheaper Neutrogenia 2% salicylic acid wash.. I know the other washes have vitamins and other fancies, but I don't think I could justify the expense if the only difference is additional moisturization. Has anyone tried Neutrogena versus Sephora brands?

dannyc

(0) Hearts

There are a few products I use that seem to help keep it under control:

~ The Clarisonic body brush head

~ The Murad Spray

~ Peter Thomas Roth Blemish Buffing Beads with jojoba which I just noticed Sephora doesn't carry anymore :smileysad: 

melissabt

Hi Bowlofmushypeas-

I also wanted to add to Keelys suggestion. Murad also make a good exfoliating wash for body acne.

Acne Body Washacne body.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=acne%20body%20wash&skuId=683136&productId=P...

<3 Melissa
keelybt

You certainly can use a mask on your back. I've heard really good things about Murad Clarifying Body Spray. You just spray it on once a day to help reduce and prevent breakouts.  Since most people use it for the back, it is made to spray from all angles

swfupload_2993269258829682578.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/clarifying-body-spray-P34402?skuId=654277

makeupobesessed

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I havent tried a mask for the back, but I do buy this back spray that Murad makes.  Its for breakouts and it will even spray upside down so you can spray your own back ;-)  We dont all have an awesome sister to do it for us--kudos to ur sis!

kenny

This may be kind of weird, but a couple days a week I get my sister to clean and exfoliate (with a brush) and do a couple extractions for me... I love my sister a lot for helping me out  :smileyhappy: 

But overall the biggest help for keeping bacne under control is too cleanse (with salicylic acid), and do exfoliations every week, so I don't get dead cell buildup and then moisturize so I don't get dry and itchy.

bowlofmushypeas

(0) Hearts

What a nice sister!

MoreGun89

That could work, I'm had issues with that before, I noticed a huge difference when I started doing my body wash in the shower AFTER I'd rinsed out my conditioner fully. :smileyhappy:

bowlofmushypeas

I just heard about this the other day and literally just started yesterday! I'm glad to hear this worked for you! Any body wash recommendations btw?

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

No problem, no recommendations besides a weekly scrub.  I haven't found an HG for either of these yet though.

prosopon

Wow, what a simple thing! I hadn't thought of that.  Thanks for the tip, MoreGun.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • kenny
    • dannyc
    • prosopon
    • melissabt
    • makeupobesessed