Annoyed with Acne!

(0) Hearts

Hey everyone,

I'm beginning to lose my temper with my persistent acne! I've tried so many different acne treatments including Clearasil, Clean and Clear, Clinique 3-Step and medicated gel containing erythromycin (I can't remember it's specific name).

Nothing seems to be helping. I'm really reluctant to try proactiv or something like accutane since I've heard bad things about both. My acne is usually mild but consistent, but now I'm experiencing quite a flare up and I don't even want to go outside! Any advice you guys have would be great!

Re: Annoyed with Acne!

Go to a dermatologist! Best thing i ever did for my skin

(0) Hearts

I might be a rarity here, but I actually have found some great help with Philosophy "Clear Days Ahead" line. Origins also has some pretty good stuff, as well.

(0) Hearts

Try Minocyclin. It's a prescription so ofcourse you would need it from your doc. But it's nothing even close to Acutane or Proactiv and I've had no bad side affects. It took about a month for all my acne to clear up and I'm very happy with the results.

(0) Hearts

Witch hazel is great for calming things down as something you put on your skin at nightime or on on a face towel or cotton ball to soak on your skin. It's an amazing calmer. I recently tried Murad's acne kit for the first time just on my shoulders and back to see how my skin reacted and my festering cysts have deflated even though it's only been two days.

If your acne's serious enough to possibly merit Accutane, maybe see if your derm will let you give clindamycin a try along with trentinoin or clindamycin with BP. These two duos have been found in government clinical trials to be more effective than one topical alone, and I can contend that they are somewhat effective. If insurance won't cover a super expensive brand name of these, ask your doctor and derm if they have samples and get the generics, which are much cheaper.