bblin92

Age 21 never used to get pimples now suddenly breaking out.

(0) Hearts

Hey guys 

I just turned 21 years old and have never really had pimples throughout my whole life except the occasional one or some on my forehead because of my bangs...

But the last year or so I've been noticing that I've been breaking out a little on my cheeks but mostly around the outside of my chin to the side/botton of cheeks.. and some on the upper lip as well.

They aren't horrible pimples, in fact, they are just bumps that you can see on the skin nothing too red - it's definitely not ACNE but it is DEFINITELY breaking out. 

I'm not sure why this is happening all of the sudden... Not only do I get frequent white heads but I also get little black heads on my cheeks that I never used to get or in places I never used to get..

I'm really good at taking care of my skin and have a good regime and I exfoliate when I need to and use trusted products. I just don't know where this is coming from since I'm already 21 - hoping someone has some advice!

carrierose

Re: Age 21 never used to get pimples now suddenly breaking out.

(0) Hearts

I hate to say this but 20 is when it started for me.  I am 28 now and it's turned into cystic acne over the years.  I have had some recent success with 100% tea tree oil as a spot treatment and in my Josie Maran argan oil at night.  You can find it online or most drugstores/Walmart with the vitamins.

Good luck!

SarahShameless

Re: Age 21 never used to get pimples now suddenly breaking out.

Most likely hormonal. Some people don't break out until they're adults, i've been breaking out since i was in fourth grade. Although, consider how long you've been using the products youre using on your skin. Has it been a couple of years or more? one year or less? If it's been a couple of years or more, maybe your skin is getting acclimated to the products, so they're not working as well anymore, and that could mean its time for a change. Also think about anything that could be happening in your life that could be stressing you out. stress hormones are a HUGE cause for breaking out.

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • carrierose
    • SarahShameless
    • bblin92