alcmeow
Accepted Solution

Advice on products for acne....

(0) Hearts

I've been on the hunt for the best acne treatments...cleansers, creams, etc. I've been looking into the Peter Thomas Roth products for example. I recently bought a Clarisonic Mia 2 brush, Philosophy's Help Me retinol treatment and Philosophy's MicroDelivery Exfoliating Kit. So far, I've seen some results, I'm still breaking out. I'm blaming most of this on a "purging" period, at least that's what I hope it is. I think the Clarisonic has done the best job up to this point. I'm looking for a cleanser to fight blemishes and to also help soothe any redness. I would also like to find something other than the Help Me treatment. I feel like it isn't working and it may be clogging my pores. I have extremely oily skin by the way! I would like a retinol product that's geared towards an acne ridden face rather than an aging one (although I do have some frown lines on my forehead that need serious help). I would also like input on a decent foundation for my face and most importantly, a concealer! I feel like I've used every drugstore treatment out there with okay results but I've been breaking out like crazy for the last 6 months or so (it may be hormonal) and I'd like to expand my horizons. Expanding my horizons also means expanding my wallet!! That's okay though, I'm willing to spend money on something that will really work for me. If anyone has input on other brands that I might be looking over, please let me know!!

crystal226C

Re: Advice on products for acne....

(0) Hearts

You've got to try the Tria Blue Light, it's an investment but totally worth it. You can clean your skin all you want but that's treating the symptom not the cause, blue light is the same thing the derm uses but you can use the Tria yourself for a LOT less money than going to the doctors office all the time. Good luck on your search!

mangosong

(0) Hearts

As someone with super oily skin, I have found that Philosophy's products clog my pores. I use Clinique's 3-step acne solutions. I only use once a day in the AM because it's too drying, but I use Clinique's dramatically different lotion at night after I have washed my face with a mild cleanser.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

You may want to consider looking the Murad acne line.

elizbeth1972

(0) Hearts

It could be the Vit C in the Philosophy products that is clogging your pores.  I have been trying to get rid of some cystic acne  that wont go away for almost a year now.  I was using Mario Badescu Acne Facial Cleanser (a gel formula with salicylic acid and aloe vera) and Kate Sommerville Anti Bac Clearing Lotion (Benzoyl Peroxide 5%) for a few months.  The combo of the two medications for acne was really, helping, I don't know why I switched cleansers (compulsive need to try new products I guess), but will switch back onces the current cleanser I am using runs out.  I was also using with my Clarisonic Mia 2, which I believe helps the effectiveness of the products.  This combo can be a little drying so I sometimes mixed face oil with my moisturizer. Good luck!

s1167139-main-hero.jpgimages.jpg

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • mangosong
    • elizbeth1972
    • beautylovingirl
    • alcmeow
    • crystal226C
Photos2
  • s1167139-main-hero.jpg