lo1978

Adult acne regimen

(0) Hearts
I wanted to get some input on my current regimen- is it good, too much, how often to use certain things. I am 35yo and still suffer from hormonal acne including clogged pores; like little "seeds" come out of my pores when I extract them. I recently changed my birth control to Ortho Tri-cyclen 3 weeks ago because I think my previous one was contributing. In the morning I use Boscia purifying gel cleanser, Neutrogena pore refining toner, Olay fresh effects oil-free moisturizer and then SPF 40 sunscreen. At night I use the same cleanser, toner and then alternate between the following- prescription retinol, Boots No. 7 Microdermabrasion scrub and Glamglow clearing mask. I use the mask about 2x week, the scrub about 1-2x week and then the nights I don't use either I use the retinol. I have noticed a slight improvement in the last couple weeks. Should I try to increase to more retinol, or can I combine it with one of the others?
drrragon

Re: Adult acne regimen

Did the person who prescribed the retinol give you any advice about how often to apply it?  Do you know what strength/concentration it is?

In general for non-prescription retinol products, I think it is ok to work up to using it nightly if your skin will tolerate (e.g. no redness or irritation).  But I'd check the label on your prescription and see what the medical advice is.

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation
    • lo1978
    • drrragon