Answer
lo1978
Adult acne not responding to treatment
I'm 35 and have been suffering from adult acne for about a year. I started out trying OTC skincare but it didn't help so I went to a dermatologist about 8 months ago. She prescribed me a benzoyl peroxide gel and Differin. It worked for a few months but then stopped working. I went back about 6 weeks ago and she changed me to a sodium sulfate/sulfur face wash and a stronger retinol at night; stopped the BP because it was too drying. I've seen no improvement still; in fact it's gotten worse and I'm so frustrated! I also got a facial a few weeks ago and the esthetician said that my skin was actually dehydratedband therefore producing more sebum to compensate, which very well could be contributing to my acne. One thing I did today was change my Clarisonic brush head from normal to delicate; which I mistakenly had chosen about 4 months ago. Maybe the "harsher" brush head contributed so hopefully this helps. I'm debating dropping the dermatologist and go hunting again through OTC products. Any advice, thoughts or suggestions are appreciated!
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Trish237
Answered
(0) Hearts

I second beautygirl3's praise of Derma Doctor's Aint Misbehavin' products.  The cleanser is effective and won't dry you out like other acne washes.  It helps with hormonal adult acne like nothing else. 

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 9 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • lo1978
    • tallwoman
    • beautygirl3
    • julienc
    • kssweetheart
    • millieb
    • TeetaT
    • Trish237