ambrose

Acne scars

I am in desperate need to find a miracle product to fade my acne scars. I had purchased the Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel. After spending the $60 on a product that didn't do its justice for me I had gone in to get a sample of the Peter Thomas Roth Camu Camu brightening serum, and I have tried Dr. Brandt dark spots no more. I think I did like the PTR Camu Camu serum but before splurging on this product I would like to know anyones experiences with fading their acne scars. I have a mix of light, and dark acne scars, mainly on my chin area. Please let me know products you have used that really helped your skin.. Thanks :smileyhappy:

trucie

Re: Acne scars

(0) Hearts

Please try Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum and Korres
Wild Rose + Vitamin C Advanced Brightening Sleeping Facial
I have nearly flawless skin now, no kidding :smileyhappy:

Natural32

(0) Hearts

hey, for acne scars i would definitely use the first aid beauty  radiance serum with the peel pads. Hope this helps!

rikka

(0) Hearts

I have hyper pigmentation scars from acne. I use Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Overnight Peel. I saw a difference in a week. Can't recommend highly enough!

dolceloure

(0) Hearts

In the same boat as you! I also tried the Murad gel but I didn't see any results from it. Lately I've had another acne flare-up, so I'm trying to treat that before working on fading scars again...but I agree with the other suggestions to try using a peel/exfoliating treatment as well. I had been using Kate Somerville ExfoliKate for a while and noticed a slow, subtle fading of my existing scars. I've since run out and since it's super expensive, I switched to Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System to see if I could get similar effects. Smooths and Brightens just as well as KS treatment...have only been using it a couple of weeks so I don't know if it's effective yet with fading scars. But definitely try using a gel + exfoliating/peel treatment to speed up the process a little! (and unfortunately, only a little. It seems that unless you get a doctor to shoot lasers at you...it's a slow process no matter what.)

SarahShameless

(0) Hearts

The Murad product you mentioned is actually one of the best in my opinion. You should give it another try. At first like you, i didnt like it. it did lighten my spots somewhat, but i wasnt using it like i should have been. yes i was using it daily, but i think the bottle i bought was old for one, and for two, my skin started getting a lot of redness because of it. it wasnt irritating redness, but it just sort of looked like my skin was flushed. however, after trying numerous other options like you (such as the Dr. Brandt Glow duo, the Clarins Vital Light serum, and even the Murad Rapid Age and Pigment Spot lightener, i went back to the murad post acne spot lightener. the reason for me going back was that a consultant at sephora told me that its best to use at night. BOY DID THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!! i dont really know how long ive been using it now, but i've been using it in conjunction with Murad Active Radiance Serum, and the Shiseido White Lucent cleanser(cleanser is the first step, obvi). it seems like most if not all of the scars on the top half of my face are gone and now i just have to concentrate on the area from my lips down. i'm really excited to finish this bottle now. maybe you can try the Murad Active Radiance Serum too! it's more expensive, but its amazing. just remember. use them AT NIGHT!!!

polishlover10

(0) Hearts

Sorry, but there's no such thing as a miracle product.

Try the Mario Badescu Vitamic C serum and the Caudalie vinoperfect radiance serum

MBVC every other night under the caudalie, which you use twice a day every day

Always wear a sunscreen

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Actually the peel from Dr. Gross is a daily peel so I would use the serum in conjunction with it since they actually help to peel away dark dead skin cells that your seeing on your face now as scars.

lylysa

For how long did you use the Murad serum and how often?

Lightening/brightening serums or treatments in general can take anywhere from 4-6 weeks to show initial results and up to 8-12 to show full results. On top of that, the factor of hydroquinone usage in the Murad serum does set limits on the best time of use (in the PM) due to the fact it's so potent and can cause light sensitivity if used in the AM. If you do end up using it in both the AM and PM, be sure it's followed by a higher SPF (such as 30), but this applies even to day safe treatments as proper sun protection guards treated areas that have products applied that chemically exfoliate at a more rapid level to help remove dark spots.

I've found Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum to be a good day and night safe product that doesn't sensitize and treats everything from post acne marks to hyperpigmentation. It relies on vitamin C as a day safe alternative to ingredients like hydroquinone (which helps to block melanin production) and provides anti-oxidant protection with UV exposure.

starletta8

Lylsa's nailed it. These products don't work overnight.

Knowing those details can help us help you better...

ambrose

I used the whole bottle of the Murad serum. I am not sure how many weeks I was using it, but it was in the amount of time that I should have been seeing results. I only applied it before bed. 

Thanks for the advice! I will look into Ole Henriksens product!

carolang

Wow the murad serum works amazingly for me and I'm not even halfway through my 100 point perk of it! Glycolic peels in office do the trick for me otherwise.

lylysa

Ole also has a more intensive serum called Enlighten Me, along with a kit that contains a multistep scrub with physical and chemical components to tackle discoloration on a surface and cellular level, the serum (rich in botanical extracts and vitamin C), and moisturizer that promotes a more even skin tone (super light consistency, perfect for Summer time). 

Beautlovingirl's suggesting to a peel is great as a supplemental product to serums to boost results with more potency. You might want to give the Enlighten Me kit a try. I used that serum in the PM and the Truth one in the AM.

michmo

Surprisingly First Aid Beauty's Facial Radiance Serum has really helped any of the marks from previous acne fade away for me.  I hadn't expected such results, but it really amazed me.  

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Also forgot to add to be sure and read directions carefully and use as directed.

beautylovingirl

You should look at Dr. Dennis Gross' Alpha/Beta Peel Pads. They can help tremendously with your acne scars. Here's the link so you can check them out.

http://www.sephora.com/alpha-beta-daily-face-peel-P42787?skuId=716373acne scars. Hope this helps!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • polishlover10
    • lylysa
    • dolceloure
    • beautylovingirl
    • starletta8
    • carolang