Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
Anonymous Insider

Acne scars

I don't break out very much but when I was younger I broke out a lot and got scars. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to get them to fade?? 

Re: Acne scars

I'm using Paula's choice vitamin C booster and it works for my skin. I used any product with retinol before and it made my skin worse and worse. Appearing more and more pimples on my skin.

Dr Dennis gross alpha beta peel pads and the dr dennis gross ferulic acid and retinol serum. Love this duo together. Made my skin brighter, smoother, and f course lightened the majority of the dark spots I had from popping my pimples. Itll def take time but stick with it girl!!

I personally like Corsx Advanced Snail Mucin Power Essence, and Missha First Treatment Essence.

And spf is a must or active ingredients won't do much. Ingredients can cause sun sensitivity and without spf marks get darker.

Chemical peels will help too, however the ones at the derm office are stronger and more tailored to your skin.

@Anonymous I agree with the use of Vitamin C and retinol for acne scars! They both offer similar benefits so using them together could really boost the effects. Retinol increases cell turnover while vitamin C provides protection against free radical damage and aids natural collagen synthesis. 

OST C20 by Wishtrend is a more affordable option but I really like Drunk Elephant's C-Firma Day serum. It contains vitamin E as well, which is another antioxidant and both C + E make an excellent duo that support each other! 

I've tried the OST C20 and C21.5 (newer) and I prefer the 21.5 because of the formulation change (no alcohol) and it's way less sticky. 

No matter which vitamin C serum you go with, make sure your skin pH is adjusted to 5.5 or lower to obtain the antioxidant's full effects! This can be achieved by using a low pH cleanser or using a pH adjusting toner. Also don't forget to use sunscreen!

Vitamin C serums work wonders on acne discoloration. I use one that isn't available thru Sephora (OST C20) but it's made virtually all of my old scars fade after a few months of usage. 

Hi ohhhliviiaa!

I've suffered from breakouts during my teenage years and have the occasional blemish, which can cause hyper pigmentation.

Something I've used to help lighten the dark spots from post acne is Sunday Riley's Luna Sleeping Night Oil. This has Trans-retinoic Acid Ester, which acts like a retinol but is a lot more gentle. I hope this helps!

Cheers!
Nikko
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing