Answer
blondy1483
Acne "holes" on face

I have acne "holes" on my face from when I had cystic acne, I don't notice it until the sunlight hits it and it seems to be more noticeable. I don'thave discoloration so not sure if a lightening product will help. Any other suggestions?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 7
secretlyglammom
Answered

Lots of patience and exfoliation.

Otherwise, you can try having small amounts of filler injected.

shananagins2
Answered

I feel your pain!  I have deep holes in my face from acne as well!  I've been searching forever for something to help.  I'm going to try those primers that the other ladies suggested.  Also, google dermabrasion.  It is a surgical procedure that is more invasive than microdermabrasion, but it looks as if it might be effective for deeper pock marks.  I'm not sure how much it costs; I'm assuming it is expensive.  I'm saving my money and i'm going for a consultation when I graduate from school.  In my state the procedure is done by a plastic surgeon that is certified in the dermabrasion procedure.

dianabt
Answered

Hi blondy1483!

Try using a line filling and texture smoothing primer either under makeup or alone. This can help to even out the tone and especially the texture of your skin so that any uneven-ness due to acne, scarring, or wrinkles is less visible.

Fusion Beauty IlumiFill Line Filling Luminizer with Amplifat

This product is great for filling in any unevenness due to lines and wrinkles while promoting collagen buildup to help plump up any uneven texture.

Fusion IllumiFill.jpg

Temptu Base Smooth and Matte Primer

This base is amazing to wear under makeup or alone and works to smooth pores while reducing shine. Your skin is left with a long lasting matte and velvety texture that is smooth to the touch.

Temptu base.jpg

Lancome La Base Pro Perfecting Makeup Primer

This primer gives a smooth and radiant finish that looks soft and flawless even without makeup on top. Your skin texture is refined and light diffused to reduce the appearance of imperfection while leaving that satin finish.

Lancome La Base Pro.jpg

I hope my suggestions can help. :smileyvery-happy:

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
simplegirl
Answered

Dr. Brandt Pores No More really does cover the appearance of holes.

anaa
Answered
(0) Hearts

I wouldn't invest too much money on a topical product for this.  I have had the same kinds of scars for many years and they don't cover up very well, and they definitely don't diminish with exfoliation.  The  advice you received about saving your money for a medical procedure is probably your best bet.

hawaiichick
Answered
(0) Hearts
I agree with secretlyglammom. Exfoliation and patience. You can also try a scar cream or acid peels.
proerik
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hello, 

Dr. Brandt Pores No More would be my best suggestion to fill these areas and create a very smooth surface. A definite must try!!!

-Erik 

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 8 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • simplegirl
    • anaa
    • proerik
    • dianabt
    • blondy1483
    • secretlyglammom
    • shananagins2