Answer
shelbyamore
Acne-prone skin that is both oily AND dry?
(0) Hearts

Hello!

Growing up, I never had terrible skin. I had the occasional blemish, but I never considered my skin to be "acne-prone". However, as I turned 19, my skin obviously started changing (probably due to hormones and the works), so I now have the following skin type: acne-prone, and it is both oily in the T-zone area and dry on my cheeks. To make matters worse, I also have body acne on my arms. :smileysad:

That being said, what sort of cleansers/moisturizers should I be looking for to help both my face and my body clear up from pesky pimples? Should I invest in a Clarisonic to help my skin clear up? So many questions, so little time.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
valherself
Answered
(0) Hearts

Hello there (: I have suffered from acne all my life. I have the oilest skin and I still get acne, note I'm 22 years old.

What I have found to truly work is to have a skin regime. Do you have use a cleanser, toner, serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen? Ever since I started doing this, my skin looks better and healthier. I love Shiesedo's Purness Line, Clarin's Green Linem or Mario Badescu acne line for acne prone skin.

As for the clarisonic, I have it, and it's good to cleanse with it a couple times a week, note it does dry out the skin.

As for a spot treatment, try Mario Badescu's Spot Treatment which is similiar to Kate Somerville's.

And use a mask for acne too a couple times a week (:

Also try changing your diet. Eat more veggies and fruits, you will notice the difference in your skin.

iAmHisChild
(0) Hearts
I agree with you. You have to have a skin care regime that includes cleansing, toning and most importantly moisturizing. I also have to agree with you 100% that eating more veggies and fruit (and plenty of water) will help your skin also. Veggies with plenty of vitamin E is what you need for your skin.
Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • maryyy1989
    • valherself
    • spaceykacey
    • shelbyamore
    • iAmHisChild
Photos1
  • kate somerville.jpg