apapi

Acne and acne scars, HELP!

Has anyone had experience with getting rid of or diminishing appearance of indented acne scars. The pocks aren't huge, but they exist and I would rather have a cream or gel some sort of application until winter when I have time to get some sort of laser treatment done. Let me know if you've heard of a good one or have tried one that works.

On a related note, I also have lingering acne and am looking to try a new product. The scars are currently my priority, though.

beautylovingirl

Re: Acne and acne scars, HELP!

(0) Hearts

I would suggest Dr. Gross' Alpha/Beta Face Peel pads. They can definitely help your acne scars.:smileyhappy: Hope this helps!

Lobstra

(0) Hearts

If you can get to a dermatologist, Tazorac is supposed to help with both acne and scarring. I have minor pitted scars too, and that's what my doctor prescribed me to treat them. She said it would take about a year to see results, and it hasn't been a year since then, so I can't speak from personal experience, but I've read lots of testimonials online saying that it was great for scarring and even getting rid of wrinkles (!). Personally, I can say it's helped my acne flare ups A LOT. Just be sure to wear sunscreen.

yellorose

Actually, taking Vitamin E and Vitamin C will help tremendously. Pop open a Vitamin E pill and apply the oil on the area at night. Vitamin E & C repair skin, Vitamin C builds collagen, the stuff that fills out and gives firmness to your skin, Vitamin E aids in cell regeneration, meaning repairing damaged cells. Hope this helps! You can look for products with these ingredients but I honestly recommend for quicker results, to include supplement and E & C rich foods in your diet. I have both suffered from acne prone skin and am a licensed esthetitican. I got the topical application of Vitamin E tip from another esthetitican friend who said she formerly had severe scarring but had none when I met her.

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Apapi,

I also wanted to add that this mask would be perfect for your skincare concerns: Peter Thomas Roth Clinical Peel & Reveal Dermal Resurfacer.

ptr dermal.jpg

<3 Melissa
poemelyric

I use the Murad spot lightening and it works miracles for me.  The whole murad system is incredible.

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

I have used Mederma to reduce scars on my body and it works really well.  I don;t know if it is intended for use on the face, but I would look into it.  You can get it at any Walgreens type store or Target/Walmart.  Definitely get the name brand and not the store brand of you decide to try it.

roxystar4

I know that cosmetic laser skin care can help. I have an acquaintance who has gone to a derm office and has had treatments that really helped soften her acne scars.

Sorry that I dont have a product to recommend 

melissabt

Hi Apapi,

Currently, we do not carry a product that will permanently remove 'pitted' type scars due to acne:smileysad: However, you can use products that will help with cell turnover and improve the over all texture of the skin.

I highly recommend the Glycolic Acid 10% Hydrating Gel. It helps smooth the skin and also adds hydration. Use this at night only and make sure to apply an SPF during the day.

ptr glycolic.jpg

Another option, would be the Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel. It contains hydroquinone which is a lightening ingredient that will fade acne scars.

murad lightening gel.jpg

<3 Melissa
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • poemelyric
    • melissabt
    • yellorose
    • roxystar4