Answer
mayalaurel
Acne all over. Please help!

I have had acne for a few years. I have worn makeup since the sixth grade and I am now in the seventh. My makeup really helps, but of course, it can't cover up all those bumps on my face. I get teased a lot and I need to find a solution! Somebody, please help me!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
kstn
Answered

Okay so I'm going to disagree with what some one else said. NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER use an apricot scented or formulated anything on your skin. Apricot irritates the skin even more. Basically if you want to get rid of your acne exfoliate, cleanse, moisturize, then spot treat. The reason I say exfoliate before you cleanse is because if you exfoliate, the ingredients may stay on your skin even after you've washed the product off. The continuous exfoliation will dry out or irritate your skin and might make it worse. Every product you use should be oil and fragrance free. I'd steer clear of neutrogena because they tend to have fragrances in their products which could make your acne worse. Opt for more "natural" solutions like brands that have less chemicals and better ingredients. Try Origins, boscia, etc or if you're on a low budget try burts bees, aveeno, or any other product you can find that won't be too harsh on your skin. I've had acne and still do from time to time so I've learned my fair share of tips and tricks the hard way. I hope this helps.

Question Stats
  • 6 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • minpin
    • anaa
    • puekam
    • proerik
    • mayalaurel
    • kstn
    • naturalee