kmirs

Acne Prone Skin on a Budget

I've done a ton of research on the best skincare products for acne prone skin, but I'm worried I'll spend loads of money on products that don't work that well. Here's the issue: My skin is quite oily in warmer weather, but it seems to dry out during the colder months, and I breakout along my jawline and chin regularly (small, kind of white bumps that don't go away unless picked at).
So far I've tried everything in a drugstore, Clinique's acne products and Proactive with not a whole lot of luck.
Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced acne regimen (cleanser, toner and moisturizer) for my troubled skin?

ellij

Re: Acne Prone Skin on a Budget

Murad hands down!  I am in my 40s and have had acne come and go my entire life.....I have never been able to wear moisturizer when my acne was at it's worst, but Murad is the only company that makes an anti acne/anti aging moisturizer that is great for day wear and actually keeps my acne at bay. I have also used their acne cleansers etc and they are the best!

cherrybombtastic

I would try Murad first because although it is known for its purging period, the results are visible. I especially like Murad's Skin Perfecting Lotion and Murad's Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15. I hope this helps and good luck!

ContentlyKayKay

I was recommended either the Boscia clear complexion line or the Murad Acne line on this site and I started out with Boscia like suggested. Since it's more natural and I assumed if that didn't work, I'd bump up to Murad. I was using ProActiv before which cleared my acne but dried my skin out. So far Boscia has kept my skin clear and a little goes a long way. I LOVE the cleanser. Suds up with very little. My first couple days my skin wasn't too happy since I have very reactive skin, but once it balanced out, everything has been smooth sailing. I'll still likely test out the Murad line once I'm finished with this to compare.. but I think Boscia's line is great since it's very light weight and does the job!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Murad's Acne line is one of the best acne lines there are. You can get the whole Acne Complex line pretty cheap and the whole skin care routine is already put together for you. Hope this helps!

kmirs

That's so weird, I was actually debating between the Philosophy kit and the Murad kit. I decided to go with Murad first because of my pesky budget at the moment, but if that doesn't work I was going to try again with Philosophy.
Thank you both for your comments! Very helpful!

cherrybombtastic

(0) Hearts

I've actually tried both. I used the Murad one, and it worked really well after the purging period, but after 2 years it wasn't that effective anymore. I still use Murad's Skin Perfecting Lotion, with my current regimen, but the rest of the line just wasn't helping. As for the Philosophy one, I tried it when it was called, "On a Clear Day." I know the newer version has salicylic acid as the spot treatment instead of sulphur. That, to me, is better. I'm eager to try Philosophy after using my prescribed treatment (has worked well so far, but is costly).

puppytia

(0) Hearts

For me, the Murad didn't really help.  The Philosophy kit, however, did wonders.  I don't break out often, but when I do, it's really bad.  The Philosophy clears the breakout up in just a couple of days.  This is what helped me: http://www.sephora.com/clear-days-ahead-30-day-acne-trial-kit-P312005?skuId=1417237.  This embarasses him, but it also worked well for my 17 year old nephew.  (He calls it 'girly', but still used it.)

Hope that helps!

helpful

Murad's line of acne products are amazing! I generally only have to use the cleanser and spot treatment but I have heard great things about the other products as well. I have also used the Oil Control Mattifying Moistuizer in the past and know it's a favorite of many here on Beauty Talk.

http://www.sephora.com/acne-complex-30-day-kit-P375135?skuId=1440841

The link above is for a great kit that will last you a month and give you a chance to try all of the products. You can then move on to the full size products if it works for you! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • puppytia
    • beautylovingirl
    • ellij
    • helpful
    • ContentlyKayKay