Zpsid91

Acne Prone Skin and Facial Oils

(0) Hearts

Has anyone found a good facial oil for acne prone skin? I do find my skin gets oilier during the day, but I also live in a humid climate. Right now I use a Neutrogena cleanser day and night, and a Clinique gel based moisturizer day and night as well. I use an eye cream overnight as well. Also, any suggestions for an SPF lightweight moisturizer? I'm in my mid-20's, so anti-aging is a bonus, but not required. Thanks!

Beesca21

Re: Acne Prone Skin and Facial Oils

(0) Hearts

Hi, 

I am not that experienced when it comes to face oils, but I have the Tarte Maracuja Oil. 

I switched to the Fresh Soy Cleanser and the maracuja oil on the same day (in February). So I am not 100% sure it is the oil or the cleanser. 

BUT 

My acne has definitely gotten better. My skin is also more radiant. I still get small whiteheads but I think that's because I have extremely oily skin, so my pores get clogged. 

The oil is definitely worth trying! I have heard argan oil is thicker, so if you have oily skin, give tarte maracuja a try :smileyhappy: 

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

Boscia Tsubaki, Marula or Tarte are lightweight and mostly pure oil. They are more for preventive anti-aging rather than serious anti-aging, which is perfect for our age group.

Argan oil and Nude ProGenius are heavier and I can only use them in the winter without feeling stuffy and itchy.

As for lightweight SPF moisturizer. I'm using Clinique yellow gel at night too, and I use Bliss Fabulous SPF15 or Murad Essential-C SPF30 in the morning. Both sinks in well and lightweight.

Cheer14

(0) Hearts

Ole Henrikson's products are great! I was recommended them recently for my oily acne prone skin and they are truly wonderful. Also I am early twenties. My favorite product by far is the Invigorating Night Gel. I put it on before I go to bed and have noticed that I am a lot less oily throughout the day. It hasn't made my acne worse, if anything it has made it better now that my face is not so oily. 

carolang

(0) Hearts

Hey! I'm 24 and have acne prone skin/always seem to have a few  bumps on my forehead. I also use the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing gel. However, I found it was not enough moisture for me (probably because of all the drying acne and retinol products I use) so around my mouth where I have the most normal skin - this gel formula is not enough (I am actually switching to Ole Henrikson Sheer Transformation after I finish this bottle no SPF). I tried a sample of the Origins Ginzing SPF 15 moisturizer and I liked it - not too heavy or SPF smelling (also not 30 SPF which is what I like to wear). I get my sunscreen from a primer and from my Tarte 12 Hour BB cream primer - love it for oily skin - quite light and evens out my skin tone/hides fading acne scars. 

So! Regarding facial oils. I have used both Josie Maran Argan oil and Tarte Maracuja oil. I only use these at night. I really like the argan oil for the winter - its a little bit silkier and heavier than the maracuja oil. The maracuja oil is lighter - you may be able to get away with using it during the day (absorbs a little faster) - its what I have been reaching for for summer nights. If I use retinol one day I will use an oil only the next night. Neither of these oils have broken me out. I can't say they make a huge difference for me in the summer, but my skin went red dry itchy - just plain crazy this past winter (I blame my continual use of a space heater) and the argan oil was a life saver. Its a great moisturizer without feeling too thick and creamy. Neither of these have given me any acne issues. Note there are some sites you can buy these products much cheaper/not name brand on. Maracuja oil is just passionfruit oil. The way I started was by getting one of the cute little Josie Maran kits (<$30 - if Sephora doesn't have any QVC does) so I could test out some of her products. It would come with a 0.5 oz (retail $14) argan oil. I'm on my second small bottle.. they last a while. I use about 3-4 tiny drops when my skin is still a little wet so its easier to smooth over my skin.

Good luck!

xoamanda12xo

(0) Hearts

Hi!

What I use normally to wash my face that really makes an amazing difference is Kiehls Photo-Age Corrector Deep-Action Exfoliating Cleanser. It works AMAZING and I've seen great results in just a day. Use it morning and night, or if you want in the middle of the day. For a moisturizer I use Aveeno, but if you want something with anti aging and SPF I would use Origins Age-Defense moisturizer with White Tea Broad Spectrum with SPF 25. It works very nicely and you apply in the morning. For a mask I highly recommend  Number 7  Beautiful Skin Energizing Mask. It shrinks down blemishes and pimples, and is only needed at night once or twice a week after washing your face.

-Vitamin E Oil is also a good moisturizer at night for your face

- Apple Cider Vinegar (1 teaspoon) Taken day and Night in an 8 oz glass of water clears up your face immensely 

Good luck! :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • carolang
    • Beesca21
    • Cheer14
    • xoamanda12xo