FitFan

Acne Moisturizer

Can anyone recommend a great acne moisturizer? I was just in Europe and they seem to have more acne moisturizers whereas here it's all about the face wash and spot gels... The best one that I had was the Simple Anti-Blemish Moisturizer but they don't sell that in the US. Which acne moisturizers do you use? Thanks :smileyhappy:

lylysa

Re: Acne Moisturizer

(0) Hearts

Definitely aim for for that has SPF for day time use, or at least find an oil free, light weight SPF to top off one that doesn't have sun protection. It's even more crucial as acne medications and ingredients can make skin even more vulnerable to UV damage as you're treating it in the process!

FitFan

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the feedback. I still have some of my Clinque Acne Solutions moisturizer and it's working decently. I will do some research on Murad but I remember trying it a few years ago and it was WAYYY drying. Maybe they have reformulated their products? Who knows but it is worth research. My biggest issue is scars but my current products are keeping my acne at bay which is a yayyyy moment. 

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

i know anniejaffrey on youtube has had great success with the products from acne dot org. I personally like proactive

voxover

(0) Hearts

Vote #4 on Murad, especially I you want something that doesn't irritate and actually can be soothing too.

Philosophy's moisturizer in their acne kit, seemed pretty nice from what little I've tried of it.

beautylovingirl

Vote #3 for the Murad:smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

I agree as well with Murad! It's my fav. Keeps the acne away without over drying my face. 

FitFan

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the information. I guess I'm getting confused with a moisturizer and lotion... I just wish there was an all over 'cream' of some sort your could apply that would be working on your face. It seems weird to me to apply a treatment, then a moisturizer, and then something else. I feel like I would be wiping away the other layers but loading something else on.

Currently I am using the Clinique 'Acne Solutions clearing moisturizer. My skin isn't magically clear but I think it may be slowly working..I haven't had any huge breakouts, except near my time of the month. I'm also just started taking zinc so let's see what happens!

Manda

I am going to agree with cherrybomb and say Murad.  Their products are extremely gentle as well as non-irritating.

FitFan

(0) Hearts

Thanks...I will check these products out!

cherrybombtastic

I use the Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion at nights and the Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF15 during the day time. When you look at the ingredients for these moisturizers, they really don't contain acne-fighting ingredients, but it's important to note that the whole point of a moisturizer is to moisturize, not to treat. If you need something to treat your acne, leave it at the treatment stage, or else if you for exmple go out with a moisturizer containing benzoyl peroxide, your skin will become sensitive from the added exposure of the sun. That's just my opinion, but I hope this helps and good luck!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • Manda
    • lylysa
    • roxystar4
    • FitFan