DesertRose0706

Acne/Blemish Cream

(0) Hearts

Hi All:

I am wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for a face cream that would be used to prevent acne/belmishes.  I currently use a benzoyl peroxide cream from Clean & Clear, and it works OK, but I am wondering i there is something better on the market.  I use the bezoyl peroxide at night after washing my face.  I let that sink in for a few minutes, then apply moisturizer ater that.  If I skip the benzoyl peroxide for a day or two, I break out.  But even using the cream every night I get a few blemishes regularly, which is why i'm wondering if there is something better that would help prevent them even more. 

Any suggestions woul  be greatly appreciated!

jennypenny1995

Re: Acne/Blemish Cream

Benzoyl is great if your blemish has begun to open or has a head on it.  Otherwiseit you need a product with salicylic acid in it for once daily use to keep your pores unclogged so they won't get inflamed/enlarged/infected at all.  Then, use the benzoyl as a spot treatment.  Other than that, stay away from physical exfoliations with scrubs or a Clarisonic so your face can calm down.  After a week or so, you'll start to see it clear.

beautylovingirl

I would suggest the Murad Acne Complex kit or the Kate Somerville Blemish Banisher kit if you use a kit as a whole you might get better results. Hope this helps!:smileyhappy:

lylysa

What type of blemishes are you getting? Are they whiteheads or pustular pimples? Red, swollen, raised blemishes? Blackheads/clogged pores? 

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I used to use the clean & clear benzoyl peroxide but it was too harsh.  It made my skin too dry (the percentage of benzoyl is high in their product).  I switched to proactive (which uses 2.5% vs 10% benzoyl peroxide) and use that about 5 times a week (at nights only) and i have seen a big improvement in my skin (so has my husband).  Also, I use different products in the morning and wear makeup 80% of the time... if I notice I get a new breakout from the morning I remember what I used for moisturizer, primer and foundation and try to see which may be contributing to the breakout. hope this helps you

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

I usually have 3-5 every week, so about 12- 20.  I pretty mush always have a few on my face at one time.  Its not horrible, but if I could find something that would help, it would be great.  I've been using this cream since I was 12 ( I am 24) now and so far its the only thing that I have found that helps, but I have only tried products from the drugstore for this.

Over the last 6 months i've tried amping up my daily skincare routine by washing my face twice a day (in the morning and at night), using toner and moisturizer and continuing to use the benozoyl peroxide cream at night.  I hoped that this would help, but it really hasn't made a difference, aside fom keeping my dryness/oiliness in check.

lylysa

How many blemishes do you get during the span of a month on average? The reason why I ask is if it's not actually acne that you're suffering from, using too many acne based products as opposed to just a sot treatment may actually overwork your skin and throw it in an imbalance where you end up bringing more break outs on.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa
    • roxystar4
    • beautylovingirl
    • DesertRose0706