Answer
fashndiva
Acne/Blackheads
My 13 year-old daughter has terrible acne, on her forehead, and blackheads on her nose. She's tried ProActiv, store-brand acne treatments and a prescription, and all only worked for a while. What is the best product(s) for treatment? We're both at our wits end trying to find something that works. Thanks, Allyson
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
paujlina
Answered
(0) Hearts

Dear Allyson,

There is a routine that I follow and swear it works. It makes sense, and is simple and effective, I'm of similar age and find it works even with stress, constant sports( sweating) and hormones. I just wash my face with a simple cleanser( oil-free and hypoallergenic)  that doesn't have a acne fighting ingredients( I find it only irritates the skin and doesn't really help with treatment) with my Clarisonic ( which works wonders; it cleans DEEP down into the pores). Then if I feel the need I will do extractions of blackheads, which I find are more effective since using the Clarisonic. Then treat the entire skin by using 2.5%  Benzyol Peroxide on the entire face( to treat and prevent), and then use a simple moisturizer. When my skin finally became clear, I like to mix the Benzyol Peroxide and moisturizer together to dilute the concentration and just keep my skin in check and  prevent breakouts and I spot treat any small blemishes I have. After using the clarisonic, products absorb better and so the Benzyol Peroxide is more effective.  I have a more in-depth explanation on the question here http://community.sephora.com/t5/Acne-Q-A/Ance/qaq-p/65687( Sorry that you have to scroll to find it)

Good luck!,

Paujlina

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • allegrissima
    • fashndiva
    • gleekazoid
    • paujlina