cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Acne, Acne scars, Acne treatment

I am seventeen years old and my acne has progressively worsened and I have multiple acne scars. I was just looking for the best acne treatment that could help me, my skin is sort of oily.

Anonymous Insider

Re: Acne, Acne scars, Acne treatment

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to keep it in mind.

I have dealt with acne all my life (last 20 years). I will tell you what I wish somebody told me 20 years ago.

Get a prescription from your derm for Retin-a cream. This solved all my problems. I wish I started on this 20 years ago. Then I would not have any deep scarring and would not have to spend 10s of 1000s $$$ to fix the issue right now. Skincare is fun and all but acne needs medical attention. This cream will fix it, just stick with it.

Give it a few months and it will peel and become red and sensitive but it will make everything clear up. 

Btw, I tried every skin care item under the sun and nothing solved it until this.

Anonymous Insider

Thank you, I appreciate your help and advice. 

Hi SmurphyMurphy!

TrysBeautyItems, has a really good point! There are some products that I think will be great for you though. I suggest trying a gentle cleanser like Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash. 

You should also try to steer clear of products that contain alcohol. I like to use Murad's Essential-C Toner after I cleanse, because it adds moisture back into your skin and it won't strip it of the natural oils that it needs. 

And to treat and prevent blemishes, try out Clearogen's Sulfur Acne Lotion. This contains sulfur, which will kill pimple causing bacteria! In my experience, this has dried up pimples and reduced size as well. 

I hope this helps! 🙂

Cheers!
Nikko
Anonymous Insider

Thanks for the help.

It could be internal (hormonal) to diet etc I would see a doctor/dermatologist first. There's more options in the prescription route than OTC. My skin responds better to the oomph of prescriptions. Also seeing a doc will be getting you on the right path for your skin right away, less of a headache muddling through on your own.

Anonymous Insider

Thank you for your advice.

If you have any sensitivities, retinol either prescription or retinyl palmitate in OTC, at least for me are a no go. RP in the Murad C line cleanser burned me after 1xday and 1 week of use. My derm said I shouldn't use retinol. Also with any active ingredients spf is a must.

Just throwing it out there to probably patch test anything new, if you aren't sure.

Aczone topical dapson gel did help though.

8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing