cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

ACNE SCARS AND CURRENT PIMPLES!! Help! Ive been searching for sooo looonggg

Hi, Im looking to acne scars products that will work for acnes also, I have combo/oily skin , I have been getting so much breakouts recently and hyperpigmentation os horrible. I got it in control last yr. I was using a prescription topical cream 1% which is Adapalene, Im still using it now but i noticed its not working the same. I have been using Caudalie Vinoperfect Serum. I tried the Philosphy Microdelivery peel and it ripped my face off so I discontinued it. Then I tried the First aide Radiance Pads, i dont know if its working yet I only started using it 4days ago. 

By the wat I was using Glytone Brightening peel but it just too strong for my skin. So ive been in search for more than a year now. 

Please advice! Thank u!

Re: ACNE SCARS AND CURRENT PIMPLES!! Help! Ive been searching for sooo looonggg

I completely feel your pain! I highly recommend Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta peel pads for clearing acne scars, shrinking pores, and preventing future breakouts. I use extra strength, but you might want to start with the gentle formula. Also, I got the 250 point OleHenrickson 3 little wonders reward and the invigorating night transformation gel has done wonders for my red marks. To help clear marks and prevent breakouts I also recommend iS Clinical Active Serum.

Don't forget to use sunscreen everyday, especially when using products with AHA's (glycolic acid)! Sun exposure just causes hyper pigmentation to darken and makes it harder to get rid of.

Anonymous Insider

Thank you everybody for advice!!!!!!!!!! ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

I have PCOS so I get super mild flare ups every so often and then there are a few times where my skin just freaks out and I'll get tiny bumps and a few cystic acne.The EradiKate treatment saves my skin and makes terrible breakouts last half the time or less, I also like to use gel moisturizes so it's hydrating and absorbes better into my skin but not overly moisturizing or greasy or I'll get more breakouts. My go-to is Vichy Normaderm and I also love using purifying and exfoliating masks. As for scaring I use a $6 lemon cleanser from The Face Shop and it really helps brighten my skin and lessen the look of the scars. Sorry this is so long lol.

I don't breakout often anymore, but when I do I use REN clearcalm gel treatment, and my sister also uses it (she has acne). It helps a lot with redness and preventing more spots. I also agree with chicdabbler, i dealt with dryness a lot which made my skin a lot worse, so find a good moisturizer that won't cause you more breakouts. when skin gets dried out, it actually produces more oil.

i dealt with really bad acne from stress and here's what works for me:

-murad acne cleanser

-clinique clarifying lotion (note that this has alcohol, which may not be best for you, but a toner is really useful)

-if needed clinique acne spot treatment

-if needed REN clear calm gel

-once a week murad acne clarifying mask

-clinique dramatically different moisturizer+

good luck! 

Yikes! Definitely be extra careful and make sure you are not drying/irritating your skin. Most acne/oily skin products tend to be harsh and drying. When skin is not hydrated properly it takes longer to heal and harsh products can make acnes more irritated as well.

For spot treatment, Eradikate is the most effective for me (and those plastic dot covers are great during the day to keep out the dirt/bacteria if you don't want to walk around with a pink dot). For clarifying masks I like Murad Clarifying and GlamGlow supermud, but both are slightly drying and can be irritating if your skin is currently feeling sensitive. Honey masks (Fresh, Farmacy or something else) are great at moisturizing and reducing acne. Look for lightweight hydration that doesn't feel stuffy on the skin but soothes, such as Peter Thomas Roth Cloud cream or FAB oatmeal mask.

Those are about reducing acne/healthy skin. As for reducing pigmentation, popular products with glycolic acid or enzyme might be too strong. Look for products with licorice, niacinamide, algae extract etc. They take longer to show results but they are gentler on the skin.

Sometimes what your skin need is enough hydration to ensure it's healthy so it can heal properly instead of being bombarded by harsh products. Where that fine line is differs person by person. Good luck! =/

Anonymous Insider

Thank you so much for advice!!!! Can these both be use together? 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you so much for advice!!!! 

What's up @Anonymous?

If you're looking for a spot treatment to assist with reducing acne scars, I suggest trying out Murad's Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel. This gel treatment is great for reducing dark spots/hyperpigmentation due to acne. 

If you want to treat existing acne/blemishes, I suggest checking out Kate Somerville's Eradikate cleanser and treatment. These products used together will reduce the size of pimples overnight! 

Click on the photo links below to check them out. 🙂

Cheers!
Nikko
8 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing