Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Acne-Prone Skin
|

Am I Doing Something Wrong?

I have lots of whiteheads, a couple of pimples, and some blackheads that WONT go away! I am wondering if I am doing something wrong with my skincare routine or I need to try something different. I’m a teen, so some things burn my skin. Here is my current routine:

- neutrogina gentle foaming cleanser 

- bubble knock out spot treatment

- sometimes the ordinary salycitic acid

- bubble level up moisturizer

Please let me know what I should add or if I should change anything!!!

Tags:

Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong?

I would recommend using the salycic acid more regularly, but in sensible amounts. I would personally purchase a cleanser for non-oily skin types too. CeraVe has a lot of choices for oily skin types. The Paula's Choice CLEAR Anti-Redness Exfoliating Solution with 2% Salicylic Acid 4 oz/ 118 mL for salicylic acid. It's on the more expensive side, but it has a lot of good reviews. It can be harsh on the skin of you use it in large amounts, so be careful! Check with your parent/guardian before buying any products with unknown chemicals and vitamins! It could potentially burn and/or damage your skin. If you keep having skin issues, talk to you parent/guardian about consulting a dermatologist. Hope this helps!

Re: Am I Doing Something Wrong?

Hey! I struggle with acne as well and also have sensitive skin to some products. I recommend the first aid beauty face cleanser and use the salicylic acid every night!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing